So you've started a baking blog, and now it's time to make some money from it. Let's dive into how to monetize your blog and turn it into a full-time business.
Whether you're a newbie or a pro in the baking world, these monetization methods will help you make some serious dough. Let's explore each one in detail.
Why You Can Trust Our Baking Blog Monetization Guide
Lasso is installed on over 8,000 websites, including many baking blogs.
Our team has built multiple 7-figure blogs in a wide range of niches.
We have hands-on experience working with founders to grow and monetize their baking blogs.
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the best monetization method for baking bloggers because it hits the sweet spot between time investment and earning potential.
Affiliate marketing is a form of advertising where a publisher (the site owner) links to a product in their content and earns a commission from the advertiser (the affiliate program) if readers click on that link and make a purchase.
TIP: With all monetization methods, the rule of thumb is the easier it is to accomplish, the less money you can make, and vice versa.
Also, since you can add links to your existing content, it’s the perfect method for beginners. You’ve already written content, so you’ve already done the hard part.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Baking Bloggers
When it comes to recommending affiliate products in the baking blogging niche, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some different kinds of affiliate products that you can consider:
- Baking equipment: Recommending high-quality baking tools and equipment such as mixers, baking pans, and measuring cups can be a great way to earn affiliate commissions.
- Baking ingredients: Suggesting specialty ingredients like organic flour, gourmet chocolate, or unique flavor extracts can help your readers enhance their baking creations.
- Baking cookbooks: Recommending popular baking cookbooks or recipe collections can provide your readers with inspiration and new ideas for their baking adventures.
- Baking subscription boxes: Promoting subscription boxes that deliver curated baking kits or unique ingredients on a regular basis can be a convenient and exciting option for baking enthusiasts.
- Baking classes or courses: Partnering with online baking schools or platforms that offer baking classes can give your readers the opportunity to expand their baking skills and knowledge.
- Baking accessories: Suggesting fun and decorative baking accessories like cake toppers, cookie cutters, or themed cupcake liners can add a touch of creativity to your readers' baking projects.
- Baking-themed merchandise: Recommending baking-themed apparel, mugs, or kitchen decor can appeal to your readers' love for baking and help them showcase their passion.
By recommending these different kinds of affiliate products, you can provide value to your baking blog readers while also earning commissions for your recommendations.
Once you’ve identified which products will solve problems for your readers, you need to sign up for their affiliate programs.
You should start by joining the Amazon Associates affiliate program.
Most physical products in the baking niche will be available on Amazon, and the conversion rate on Amazon is insane.
Yes, Amazon’s commission rates are rough, and they only offer a 24-hour cookie duration, but the conversion rate makes up for it. Plus, you’re nearly guaranteed to get accepted into their program.
For products that aren’t available on Amazon, just Google “[Product] affiliate program,” and you’ll find their program’s signup page.
To save you some time, here are a few of the best affiliate networks for baking bloggers:
Commission Rate: 5% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
The Rachael Ray Store sells a beautiful assortment of cookware, cookbooks, dinnerware, bakeware, and more.
Commission Rate: 40% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 90 Days
KetoConnect is a globally recognized brand for its authenticity and quality content towards improving health and fitness through a keto diet.
Commission Rate: 10% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 45 Days
Cuisineart sells various kitchen appliances and tools. Get a 10% commission rate and 45-day cookie duration with their affiliate program!
TIP: We maintain a database of the best affiliate programs. Click here to see the best cooking affiliate programs.
Once you’ve been approved for the product’s affiliate program, the program will give you your affiliate link, and you can start inserting it into your content.
How To Monetize A Baking Blog With Affiliate Marketing
To add your link to your content, go to your post editor, highlight the relevant text, and insert the link.
Here are a few best practices for adding affiliate links to your WordPress blog:
- Add links where it’s helpful. Adding too many links to your blog posts is just like adding too many ads; it’s annoying. Add links to product titles, images, CTA buttons, and the first time you mention a product. That’s plenty.
- Disclose your links. Every blog post with affiliate links should have a disclaimer at the beginning, and every CTA or product image should also.
- Use direct sales language. When you are writing your call to action, be direct. It’s not rude to say, “Check the price” or “Buy this product today.” Being too passive makes you look unconfident.
Or, take it a step further by creating product displays.
You Can Double Your Affiliate Sales With Lasso Displays
You can create displays manually using the post editor to add links to images and buttons.
However, it can be time-consuming to create these displays and keep them updated if you’re doing it all by hand.
Luckily, monetizing your blog with affiliate links is simplified when you’re using a tool like Lasso.
Lasso makes it super easy to add links and product displays to your posts. You can add product displays to posts right from the post editor; no coding is required. It’s as simple as clicking your mouse three times.
You can also automatically import product info from retailers like Amazon. Just paste the link into the Lasso dashboard, and Lasso will populate the display with the product title, image, and price.
With all of this, remember to follow the guidelines in the affiliate program’s terms and conditions. Amazon, in particular, is pretty stringent.
But everything Lasso does is compliant with Amazon Associates’ TOS, so you never have to worry about being booted from the program.
That’s just scratching the surface of what Lasso can do to help you monetize your baking blog. If you’re ready to start making a serious affiliate income from your baking site, sign up for Lasso today.
A WordPress plugin that lets you add, manage, and display your affiliate links from any program, including Amazon. Increase conversions. Find new affiliate link opportunities. Earn more revenue! Less than 5 minutes to set up.
Affiliate Marketing Pros and Cons for Baking Bloggers
Affiliate marketing can be a lucrative opportunity for baking bloggers to monetize their content and earn passive income. However, it also comes with its own set of pros and cons to consider.
One of the biggest advantages of affiliate marketing for baking bloggers is the potential to earn a commission on products or services recommended to their audience. By partnering with relevant brands and promoting their products, bloggers can earn a percentage of each sale made through their unique affiliate links.
Another benefit is the flexibility it offers. Baking bloggers can choose which products or brands to promote, allowing them to align with their own values and preferences. This helps maintain the authenticity of their content and ensures they are recommending products they truly believe in.
However, it's important to be aware of the potential drawbacks as well. One con of affiliate marketing is the need for disclosure. Bloggers must clearly disclose their affiliate partnerships to their audience to maintain transparency and trust. Additionally, the income from affiliate marketing can be unpredictable and may fluctuate depending on factors such as audience engagement and market trends.
2. Display Ads
The second best way to monetize your baking blog is with display ads. Ads are the internet's favorite monetization method, but they have severe drawbacks.
How to Monetize a Baking Blog With Display Ads
Monetizing a baking blog with display ads couldn’t be easier.
First, choose an ad network to join. Networks have traffic requirements, so here are the best ad networks to join based on your site’s page views:
- 100,000+ Visitors per month - Raptive
- 50,000+ Sessions per month - Mediavine
- < 50,000+ Visitors per month - Ezoic
NOTE: WordPress is an open-source software found on WordPress.org. WordPress.com is a premium blogging platform, but you never need to pay to install WordPress on your website, even if it’s self-hosted.
Once you’re accepted to an ad network, follow their instructions to integrate their ads into your site. They will have documentation for every type of content management service (WordPress, Joomla, Ghost, etc.).
If your chosen ad network has a dedicated accounts manager, they will guide you through getting their ads on your site.
And… that’s it. Let the ads run and wait for your deposits to hit your account.
TIP: Optimize your display ads for user experience by using your chosen network’s software settings or talking to your account manager. Keep the ads in the sidebar and footer whenever possible.
You’ll make a lot of money in the long run if you put your readers ahead of quick profit.
Display Ad Pros And Cons For Baking Bloggers
Display ads can be a valuable tool for baking bloggers to generate revenue and expand their reach. One of the main advantages is that display ads offer a passive income stream. Once the ads are set up on your blog, you can earn money whenever visitors click on or view the ads. This can be particularly beneficial for bloggers who have a large and engaged audience.
Another advantage of display ads is that they can help you monetize your blog without requiring you to create and sell products or services. This can be a great option for bloggers who enjoy sharing their baking expertise but don't have the time or resources to develop and sell their own products. Display ads provide a straightforward way to earn money from your blog's traffic.
However, it's important to consider the potential drawbacks of display ads as well. One common concern is that they can be intrusive and disrupt the user experience. Excessive ads or ads that are irrelevant to your content may annoy your readers and lead to a decline in engagement. It's crucial to find a balance between monetization and providing a positive user experience.
Additionally, display ads may not generate significant income unless you have a high volume of traffic. If your blog is still growing or has a small audience, the revenue from display ads alone may not be substantial. It's important to diversify your income sources and explore other monetization strategies, such as sponsored content or affiliate marketing, to maximize your earnings as a baking blogger.
3. Digital Products
Selling your own digital products is a great way to increase your earnings per visitor in the baking niche.
A digital product is anything you can sell on your baking blog that the customer will receive via download.
Digital Products to Sell on a Baking Blog:
- Recipe eBooks: A collection of delicious and easy-to-follow baking recipes, perfect for beginners or seasoned bakers.
- Printable Recipe Cards: Beautifully designed recipe cards that can be printed and used to organize and store your favorite baking recipes.
- Baking Conversion Charts: Handy digital charts that provide conversions for common baking measurements, ensuring accurate results in the kitchen.
- Meal Planning Templates: Customizable meal planning templates specifically designed for bakers, helping to streamline your baking schedule and grocery shopping.
- Video Tutorials: Step-by-step video tutorials that guide aspiring bakers through various baking techniques, from making perfect pie crusts to decorating cakes like a pro.
- Baking Worksheets: Printable worksheets that help bakers track and record their baking experiments, ingredient substitutions, and recipe modifications.
- Baking Tips and Tricks Guides: Comprehensive guides that cover essential baking tips and tricks, including troubleshooting common baking issues and mastering specific techniques.
- Baking Ingredient Substitution Charts: Convenient digital charts that provide alternative ingredient options for common baking substitutions, allowing for more flexibility in the kitchen.
- Baking Equipment Guides: Informative guides that recommend essential baking tools and equipment, helping bakers choose the right gear to enhance their baking experience.
- Baking Glossary: A digital glossary of baking terms and definitions, ensuring bakers understand the language of baking and can confidently navigate through recipes.
A lot of people search for simple checklists and guides related to different topics. They’d happily pay you for them.
Pros and Cons of Selling Digital Products for Baking Bloggers
Selling digital products can be a great opportunity for baking bloggers to monetize their skills and knowledge. There are several pros and cons to consider when deciding whether to sell digital products as a baking blogger.
One of the main advantages is the potential for passive income. Once you create and launch your digital products, such as e-books or recipe collections, you can continue to sell them without much additional effort. This allows you to earn money even when you're not actively working on your blog.
Another benefit is the scalability of digital products. Unlike physical products, there are no limits to how many digital products you can sell. You can reach a global audience and sell to customers all over the world. This opens up new opportunities for growth and expansion.
However, there are also some drawbacks to selling digital products. One challenge is the need for marketing and promotion. You'll have to invest time and effort into promoting your products to attract customers. Additionally, there may be competition in the market, so you'll need to find unique selling points to stand out.
How To Monetize a Baking Blog By Selling Digital Products
The first thing to do is create your digital product.
Look at which content your audience interacts with the most, and brainstorm digital products to help serve their search intent.
That’s what I did when I created our Ultimate Blogging Guide:
Get Your FREE 20-Page Guide To Making $1000/Day From Your Niche Blog
Then, create the product using whatever tools are at your disposal. For example, use Microsoft Word to create an ebook PDF, or Google Sheets to create interactive spreadsheets and checklists.
Next, you have to figure out how to distribute your product. The easiest way to distribute PDFs is by uploading them to your WordPress media library. Then you can give customers the link, and they can download the PDF from there.
Woocommerce can even connect to an email tool like ConvertKit, so as soon as your customer finishes their checkout, they’ll get an email with a link to their download.
TIP: You can still use Lasso to get more clicks to your digital products. Just create a Lasso display with the link pointing to your product’s sales page.
Barring any issues, you won’t have to do anything but watch your bank account grow.
4. Email Newsletter
One effective way to monetize a baking blog is by creating an email newsletter. This method allows you to build a loyal audience and engage with your readers on a more personal level. Let's explore how to monetize a baking blog with an email newsletter and the pros and cons of email marketing for baking bloggers.
How to Monetize a Baking Blog with an Email Newsletter
If you're a baking blogger looking to monetize your blog, an email newsletter can be a great way to generate income. By building a loyal audience and leveraging the power of email marketing, you can promote products, services, and even your own baking courses to your subscribers. Here's how to monetize your baking blog with an email newsletter:
1. Build an email list: Start by creating a signup form on your blog where visitors can subscribe to your newsletter. Offer an incentive, like a free baking recipe ebook or exclusive baking tips, to encourage sign-ups. Collecting email addresses allows you to establish direct communication with your audience.
2. Provide valuable content: Once you have a list of subscribers, it's crucial to consistently deliver high-quality content. Share mouth-watering recipes, baking tips, and behind-the-scenes stories that your audience will find valuable. By providing value, you'll build trust and loyalty, making it easier to monetize your blog.
3. Promote relevant products or services: As a baking blogger, you have the opportunity to partner with brands and promote their products or services to your email subscribers. Consider featuring baking tools, specialty ingredients, or even baking classes that align with your audience's interests. Be sure to only promote products you genuinely believe in to maintain your credibility.
Pros and Cons of Email Marketing for Baking Bloggers
- Direct communication: Email newsletters allow you to communicate directly with your audience, building a stronger connection.
- Targeted promotions: With email marketing, you can segment your subscribers based on their interests, allowing for more targeted promotions.
- High conversion rates: Studies have shown that email marketing has higher conversion rates compared to other marketing channels, making it an effective monetization strategy for baking bloggers.
- Building a list takes time: It can take time and effort to build a substantial email list, especially for new baking bloggers.
- Email deliverability challenges: Ensuring that your emails reach your subscribers' inboxes can be a challenge, as spam filters can sometimes mistakenly flag legitimate emails.
- Unsubscribes and spam complaints: Not everyone will be interested in receiving your emails, so expect some unsubscribes and potentially spam complaints.
5. Consulting and Coaching Services
Consulting or coaching is exchanging your expertise and time for a fee. Your customers need an expert, and you’ve proven yourself to be that expert.
As you become an authority in the industry, people will reach out to you with questions about topics they consider you an expert in.
Now, you don’t have to charge for being helpful, but you should place a dollar value on your time.
As a baking blogger, you extensive knowledge of the industry. If a reader reaches out to you asking for help, you should get paid for that effort.
How To Monetize A Baking Blog With Consulting Services
Monetizing a baking blog with consulting services is similar to selling sponsored posts.
Put a “Coaching” option in your nav bar that goes to a landing page outlining your consulting services and your hourly rate. This will help head off some of the people looking for free advice.
TIP: Again, you can use Lasso to drive more clicks to your coaching pages. Just create a Display with a link to your sales page, and insert it into blog posts.
Then, wait for requests to come in, evaluate them, and propose your offer. If the customer accepts, send them an invoice using PayPal or another payment processor, and schedule the call.
Pros and Cons of Selling Consulting Services for Baking Bloggers
Selling consulting services can be a great opportunity for baking bloggers to monetize their expertise and skills. There are several pros and cons to consider before diving into the consulting business.
One of the major pros is the potential for a steady income stream. By offering consulting services, baking bloggers can leverage their knowledge and experience to help others and get paid for it. This can provide a reliable source of income alongside their blog.
Another advantage is the opportunity to expand their network and build relationships with other professionals in the industry. Consulting often involves working closely with clients, which can lead to collaborations, partnerships, and even new business opportunities.
However, there are also some cons to selling consulting services. It can be time-consuming and demanding, as it requires dedicating a significant amount of time and effort to each client. Additionally, consulting may not be suitable for everyone, as it requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Supercharge your earnings with Lasso. Create no-code product Displays and Tables that convert, find and fix broken links, and gain valuable business insights with revenue analytics.Learn More
Baking Blog Monetization FAQs
What Is The Best Way To Make Money From Baking Blogging?
If you want to build a successful baking blog, then affiliate marketing is the best way to monetize it. It’s the least intrusive way to make a lot of money from your site without much extra effort.
Can I Make A Full-Time Income From Baking Blogging?
How Do I Start a Baking Blog?
Learning how to start a baking blog is the first best way to use your expertise to start an online business.
You need to register a domain, install WordPress, and publish great content. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it!
How Do Baking Bloggers Get Paid?
Most baking bloggers make money through affiliate commissions and advertising fees. Both of these monetization methods pay out one or two months after the fees have been generated.
Some baking bloggers also sell sponsored posts, consulting services, or their own products. In these cases, a payment processor like PayPal or Stripe is necessary.
Is Baking Blogging Easy?
Nothing worth doing is truly easy, but that doesn’t mean baking blogging isn’t fun.
As a baking blogger, you’ll get to go places, try new things, and meet new people. And it will be part of your business! What could be cooler than that?
Is It Worth Starting A Baking Blog?
It’s absolutely worth it to start a baking blog. Not only can you make a living from it, but you can also build a community and control the conversation.
Once you’re an established authority, people in baking-related industries will take you seriously.
Final Thoughts on Monetizing a Baking Blog
Now that you know all the different ways you can make money from your baking blog, here's a bonus tip for you:
Try using multiple methods of making money!
Having different income streams is the best way to protect your business's future.
If you promote affiliate offers, use display ads, and sell your own products, you won't be in trouble if Amazon lowers their commission rates again.
By taking this multi-tiered approach, working hard, and planning carefully, you'll be on the fast track to earning what your online business deserves.
Why You Should Trust Our Baking Blogging Content
You may be thinking, "that's all great, but what does Lasso know about baking blogging?"
Quite a lot, actually.
Here's why you can trust our process for building a successful baking blog:
We've Built Wildly Successful Blogs
Lasso is built for affiliate marketers, by affiliate marketers. We're not gurus; we've walked the walk.
Our team members have built multiple blogs from the ground up, some of them earning over seven figures in revenue.
We put that experience into every guide we write, so you can trust we're giving you a process that works.
We Talk To Baking Bloggers Every Day
Lasso's WordPress plugin is installed on over 8,000 websites, including a lot of baking blogs.
Our team supports those bloggers every day as they create awesome content and earn lots of money.
These communications give us a bird's-eye view of what's new in the baking industry. We take that information and use it to keep these guides as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
We're Super Nerds
We've put a lot of company focus into learning everything we can about blogging, affiliate marketing, SEO, and anything to do with online entrepreneurship.
We attend conferences, collect high-level contacts, read tons of books, and distill all of that information into our content. We pass information onto you that was previously only available to industry insiders.