So, you're ready to start monetizing your automotive blog? Awesome!
Once you've got the basics down, it's time to dive into the exciting world of making money from your passion.
Whether you're a newbie or an experienced automotive influencer, these monetization methods will help you turn your blog into a thriving business.
Now, let's take a closer look at each method and how they can work for you.
Why You Can Trust Our Automotive Blog Monetization Guide
Lasso is installed on over 8,000 websites, including many automotive blogs.
Our team has built multiple 7-figure blogs in a wide range of niches.
We have hands-on experience working with founders to grow and monetize their automotive blogs.
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the best monetization method for automotive bloggers because it hits the sweet spot between time investment and earning potential.
Affiliate marketing is a form of advertising where a publisher (the site owner) links to a product in their content and earns a commission from the advertiser (the affiliate program) if readers click on that link and make a purchase.
TIP: With all monetization methods, the rule of thumb is the easier it is to accomplish, the less money you can make, and vice versa.
Also, since you can add links to your existing content, it’s the perfect method for beginners. You’ve already written content, so you’ve already done the hard part.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Automotive Bloggers
When it comes to recommending affiliate products in the automotive blogging niche, there are various options that can appeal to car enthusiasts and generate revenue. Here are some different kinds of affiliate products to consider:
- Car accessories: Recommending accessories such as phone holders, seat covers, floor mats, or car organizers can be a great way to earn commissions.
- Car care products: Suggesting high-quality car cleaning kits, polishing compounds, or paint protection products can resonate with automotive enthusiasts who value maintaining their vehicles.
- Performance upgrades: Promoting performance-enhancing products like air intakes, exhaust systems, or engine tuners can attract car enthusiasts looking to optimize their vehicle's performance.
- Car parts: Recommending replacement parts, such as brake pads, filters, or headlights, can help readers find the right components for their specific car models.
- Diagnostic tools: Suggesting diagnostic scanners or code readers can be beneficial for readers who enjoy understanding and troubleshooting their vehicle's issues.
- Car audio systems: Promoting high-quality speakers, subwoofers, or amplifiers can resonate with car lovers who appreciate a superior audio experience while driving.
By diversifying the types of affiliate products you recommend in the automotive blogging niche, you can cater to different interests and needs of your audience, increasing the chances of generating revenue through affiliate marketing.
Once you’ve identified which products will solve problems for your readers, you need to sign up for their affiliate programs.
You should start by joining the Amazon Associates affiliate program.
Most physical products in the automotive niche will be available on Amazon, and the conversion rate on Amazon is insane.
Yes, Amazon’s commission rates are rough, and they only offer a 24-hour cookie duration, but the conversion rate makes up for it. Plus, you’re nearly guaranteed to get accepted into their program.
For products that aren’t available on Amazon, just Google “[Product] affiliate program,” and you’ll find their program’s signup page.
To save you some time, here are a few of the best affiliate networks for automotive bloggers:
Commission Rate: 50% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
Travelpayouts helps publishers earn on all types of travel services, including flight tickets, accommodation, cruises, tours, car rentals, insurance, and much more.
Commission Rate: 1.6% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
AutoZone is the largest retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories in the US. They even offer free next day delivery on parts.
Commission Rate: 4% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 1 Day
Avis is recognized as one of the best rental car brands and they maintain it by ensuring a stress-free car rental experience.
TIP: We maintain a database of the best affiliate programs. Click here to see the best automotive affiliate programs.
Once you’ve been approved for the product’s affiliate program, the program will give you your affiliate link, and you can start inserting it into your content.
How To Monetize A Automotive Blog With Affiliate Marketing
To add your link to your content, go to your post editor, highlight the relevant text, and insert the link.
Here are a few best practices for adding affiliate links to your WordPress blog:
- Add links where it’s helpful. Adding too many links to your blog posts is just like adding too many ads; it’s annoying. Add links to product titles, images, CTA buttons, and the first time you mention a product. That’s plenty.
- Disclose your links. Every blog post with affiliate links should have a disclaimer at the beginning, and every CTA or product image should also.
- Use direct sales language. When you are writing your call to action, be direct. It’s not rude to say, “Check the price” or “Buy this product today.” Being too passive makes you look unconfident.
Or, take it a step further by creating product displays.
You Can Double Your Affiliate Sales With Lasso Displays
You can create displays manually using the post editor to add links to images and buttons.
However, it can be time-consuming to create these displays and keep them updated if you’re doing it all by hand.
Luckily, monetizing your blog with affiliate links is simplified when you’re using a tool like Lasso.
Lasso makes it super easy to add links and product displays to your posts. You can add product displays to posts right from the post editor; no coding is required. It’s as simple as clicking your mouse three times.
You can also automatically import product info from retailers like Amazon. Just paste the link into the Lasso dashboard, and Lasso will populate the display with the product title, image, and price.
With all of this, remember to follow the guidelines in the affiliate program’s terms and conditions. Amazon, in particular, is pretty stringent.
But everything Lasso does is compliant with Amazon Associates’ TOS, so you never have to worry about being booted from the program.
That’s just scratching the surface of what Lasso can do to help you monetize your automotive blog. If you’re ready to start making a serious affiliate income from your automotive site, sign up for Lasso today.
A WordPress plugin that lets you add, manage, and display your affiliate links from any program, including Amazon. Increase conversions. Find new affiliate link opportunities. Earn more revenue! Less than 5 minutes to set up.
Affiliate Marketing Pros and Cons for Automotive Bloggers
As an automotive blogger, affiliate marketing can offer both pros and cons for your blog. Let's start with the pros. One of the biggest advantages is the potential to earn passive income. By promoting relevant products or services on your blog and earning a commission from sales, you can generate extra revenue without much additional effort.
Affiliate marketing also allows you to diversify your income streams. Instead of relying solely on advertising or sponsored posts, you can partner with different brands and promote a variety of products that align with your audience's interests. This can help you create a more well-rounded monetization strategy for your blog.
However, it's important to consider the cons as well. One challenge is finding the right affiliate programs that are a good fit for your automotive blog. It's crucial to choose partnerships that align with your brand and resonate with your audience. Additionally, you need to consistently create high-quality content that effectively promotes these affiliate products or services, without coming across as overly salesy.
Another potential downside is the risk of losing credibility with your audience. If you promote products that are of low quality or don't meet your audience's expectations, it can damage the trust you've built with your readers. To mitigate this, it's essential to thoroughly research and test any affiliate products or services before promoting them on your blog.
2. Display Ads
The second best way to monetize your automotive blog is with display ads. Ads are the internet's favorite monetization method, but they have severe drawbacks.
How to Monetize a Automotive Blog With Display Ads
Monetizing a automotive blog with display ads couldn’t be easier.
First, choose an ad network to join. Networks have traffic requirements, so here are the best ad networks to join based on your site’s page views:
- 100,000+ Visitors per month - Raptive
- 50,000+ Sessions per month - Mediavine
- < 50,000+ Visitors per month - Ezoic
NOTE: WordPress is an open-source software found on WordPress.org. WordPress.com is a premium blogging platform, but you never need to pay to install WordPress on your website, even if it’s self-hosted.
Once you’re accepted to an ad network, follow their instructions to integrate their ads into your site. They will have documentation for every type of content management service (WordPress, Joomla, Ghost, etc.).
If your chosen ad network has a dedicated accounts manager, they will guide you through getting their ads on your site.
And… that’s it. Let the ads run and wait for your deposits to hit your account.
TIP: Optimize your display ads for user experience by using your chosen network’s software settings or talking to your account manager. Keep the ads in the sidebar and footer whenever possible.
You’ll make a lot of money in the long run if you put your readers ahead of quick profit.
Display Ad Pros And Cons For Automotive Bloggers
Display ads can be a valuable tool for automotive bloggers looking to monetize their websites and generate revenue. However, it's important to weigh the pros and cons before diving into this advertising strategy.
One of the main advantages of display ads is that they can provide a steady stream of income for bloggers. By allowing advertisers to display their ads on your website, you can earn money based on the number of impressions or clicks the ads receive. This can be especially beneficial for automotive bloggers who have a large and engaged audience.
On the other hand, display ads can also have some drawbacks. One potential downside is that they can be intrusive and disrupt the user experience on your blog. Too many ads or ads that are irrelevant to your audience can drive visitors away and harm your overall reputation. Additionally, display ads may not always align with your blog's content or values, which can be a challenge for bloggers who want to maintain a consistent and authentic brand.
In conclusion, display ads can be a valuable source of income for automotive bloggers, but it's important to carefully consider the pros and cons before implementing them on your website. Finding the right balance between monetization and user experience is key to ensuring the success of your blog.
3. Digital Products
Selling your own digital products is a great way to increase your earnings per visitor in the automotive niche.
A digital product is anything you can sell on your automotive blog that the customer will receive via download.
Digital products to sell on an automotive blog:
- Car diagnostic software: Advanced software that helps users identify and troubleshoot car issues using their computer or smartphone.
- Virtual car customization tool: An interactive tool that allows users to experiment with different car modifications, such as changing paint colors, adding spoilers, or upgrading wheels.
- Car maintenance app: A mobile app that provides personalized reminders for routine car maintenance tasks, tracks fuel consumption, and offers tips for improving vehicle performance.
- Online car repair guides: Comprehensive guides with step-by-step instructions and diagrams to help DIY enthusiasts tackle common car repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Car performance tuning software: Software that allows car enthusiasts to optimize their vehicle's performance by adjusting engine parameters, such as fuel injection and ignition timing.
- Car audio system simulator: A virtual tool that helps users visualize and plan their ideal car audio system setup, including speaker placement, amplifier configuration, and wiring diagrams.
- Car buying guide eBook: A comprehensive eBook that provides tips, advice, and strategies for purchasing a new or used car, including negotiation techniques and avoiding common pitfalls.
- Online car parts marketplace: A platform where users can buy and sell new or used car parts, making it easier for automotive enthusiasts to find rare or specialized components.
- Car insurance comparison tool: An online tool that allows users to compare different car insurance policies, helping them find the most suitable coverage options and save money on premiums.
- Car maintenance checklist: A downloadable checklist that outlines essential car maintenance tasks, helping users stay organized and ensure their vehicle is properly cared for.
A lot of people search for simple checklists and guides related to different topics. They’d happily pay you for them.
Pros and Cons of Selling Digital Products for Automotive Bloggers
There are several pros and cons to consider when it comes to selling digital products as an automotive blogger. One of the main advantages is the potential for passive income. Once you create and market your digital products, they can continue to generate sales without much additional effort on your part.
Another pro is the ability to reach a wider audience. By selling digital products, you can connect with automotive enthusiasts from all over the world, expanding your reach beyond just your blog readers. This can help to increase your brand visibility and establish yourself as an authority in the automotive industry.
However, there are also some cons to selling digital products. One potential downside is the initial time and effort required to create high-quality products. Developing digital products that provide value to your audience takes time and expertise. Additionally, there may be some upfront costs involved in creating and promoting your products.
Another con to consider is the competition in the digital products market. As more bloggers and industry experts enter the market, it can become increasingly challenging to stand out and attract customers. It's important to continuously innovate and offer unique products to stay ahead of the competition.
How To Monetize a Automotive Blog By Selling Digital Products
The first thing to do is create your digital product.
Look at which content your audience interacts with the most, and brainstorm digital products to help serve their search intent.
That’s what I did when I created our Ultimate Blogging Guide:
Get Your FREE 20-Page Guide To Making $1000/Day From Your Niche Blog
Then, create the product using whatever tools are at your disposal. For example, use Microsoft Word to create an ebook PDF, or Google Sheets to create interactive spreadsheets and checklists.
Next, you have to figure out how to distribute your product. The easiest way to distribute PDFs is by uploading them to your WordPress media library. Then you can give customers the link, and they can download the PDF from there.
Woocommerce can even connect to an email tool like ConvertKit, so as soon as your customer finishes their checkout, they’ll get an email with a link to their download.
TIP: You can still use Lasso to get more clicks to your digital products. Just create a Lasso display with the link pointing to your product’s sales page.
Barring any issues, you won’t have to do anything but watch your bank account grow.
4. Email Newsletter
One effective way to monetize a automotive blog is by creating an email newsletter. This method allows you to build a loyal audience and engage with your readers on a more personal level. Let's explore how to monetize a automotive blog with an email newsletter and the pros and cons of email marketing for automotive bloggers.
How to Monetize an Automotive Blog with an Email Newsletter
One effective way to monetize an automotive blog is by creating and utilizing an email newsletter. By building a subscriber list and regularly sending out engaging content, you can generate revenue through various means. Here's how you can make the most of an email newsletter to monetize your automotive blog:
1. Affiliate Marketing: Include affiliate links in your newsletter that promote products or services related to the automotive industry. When your subscribers make a purchase through these links, you earn a commission. This is especially beneficial for automotive bloggers as they can recommend specific car parts, accessories, or even complete vehicles to their audience.
2. Sponsored Content: Collaborate with relevant businesses in the automotive industry and offer sponsored content opportunities in your newsletter. You can feature sponsored articles, product reviews, or even exclusive offers to your subscribers. This allows you to monetize your blog by charging businesses for exposure to your engaged automotive audience.
3. Ad Placements: Utilize your email newsletter to display targeted advertisements. By partnering with advertising networks or directly with automotive brands, you can monetize your newsletter by placing banner ads or sponsored links within your content. This method is particularly effective for automotive bloggers as they can display ads for car manufacturers, auto insurance companies, or even local automotive repair shops.
Pros and Cons of Email Marketing for Automotive Bloggers
- Direct Communication: Email newsletters allow you to establish a direct line of communication with your audience, ensuring your message reaches them without any algorithm limitations.
- Targeted Audience: By building a subscriber list, you can segment your audience based on their interests and preferences, allowing for more personalized and relevant content.
- High Engagement: Email newsletters have higher open and click-through rates compared to other marketing channels, ensuring better engagement with your automotive blog content.
- Brand Building: Consistently delivering valuable content through your newsletter helps in building brand loyalty and positioning yourself as an authority in the automotive niche.
- Effort and Time-Intensive: Creating and maintaining an email newsletter requires regular content creation, email list management, and monitoring of performance metrics.
- Email Deliverability Challenges: Ensuring that your newsletters reach subscribers' inboxes and avoid spam filters can be a challenge, requiring proper email optimization techniques.
- Subscriber Attrition: Subscribers may unsubscribe or become inactive over time, requiring continuous efforts to grow and maintain your email list.
5. Consulting and Coaching Services
Consulting or coaching is exchanging your expertise and time for a fee. Your customers need an expert, and you’ve proven yourself to be that expert.
As you become an authority in the industry, people will reach out to you with questions about topics they consider you an expert in.
Now, you don’t have to charge for being helpful, but you should place a dollar value on your time.
As a automotive blogger, you extensive knowledge of the industry. If a reader reaches out to you asking for help, you should get paid for that effort.
How To Monetize A Automotive Blog With Consulting Services
Monetizing a automotive blog with consulting services is similar to selling sponsored posts.
Put a “Coaching” option in your nav bar that goes to a landing page outlining your consulting services and your hourly rate. This will help head off some of the people looking for free advice.
TIP: Again, you can use Lasso to drive more clicks to your coaching pages. Just create a Display with a link to your sales page, and insert it into blog posts.
Then, wait for requests to come in, evaluate them, and propose your offer. If the customer accepts, send them an invoice using PayPal or another payment processor, and schedule the call.
Pros and Cons of Selling Consulting Services for Automotive Bloggers
There are both pros and cons to selling consulting services for automotive bloggers. On the positive side, offering consulting services allows you to share your expertise and knowledge with others who are passionate about cars. You can provide valuable insights and help bloggers improve their content, strategy, and overall online presence.
Another advantage is that selling consulting services can be a lucrative business opportunity. As an automotive expert, you can charge a premium for your services, especially if you have a strong reputation and track record in the industry. This can provide a steady stream of income and allow you to work with a variety of clients.
However, it's important to consider the potential drawbacks as well. Consulting services require time and effort, as you'll need to dedicate hours to working with clients, analyzing their needs, and providing personalized advice. This can be time-consuming and may take away from other projects or personal time.
Additionally, selling consulting services for automotive bloggers may also come with challenges such as dealing with difficult clients or facing competition from other consultants. It's important to be prepared for these obstacles and have strategies in place to overcome them.
Supercharge your earnings with Lasso. Create no-code product Displays and Tables that convert, find and fix broken links, and gain valuable business insights with revenue analytics.Learn More
Automotive Blog Monetization FAQs
What Is The Best Way To Make Money From Automotive Blogging?
If you want to build a successful automotive blog, then affiliate marketing is the best way to monetize it. It’s the least intrusive way to make a lot of money from your site without much extra effort.
Can I Make A Full-Time Income From Automotive Blogging?
How Do I Start a Automotive Blog?
Learning how to start a automotive blog is the first best way to use your expertise to start an online business.
You need to register a domain, install WordPress, and publish great content. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it!
How Do Automotive Bloggers Get Paid?
Most automotive bloggers make money through affiliate commissions and advertising fees. Both of these monetization methods pay out one or two months after the fees have been generated.
Some automotive bloggers also sell sponsored posts, consulting services, or their own products. In these cases, a payment processor like PayPal or Stripe is necessary.
Is Automotive Blogging Easy?
Nothing worth doing is truly easy, but that doesn’t mean automotive blogging isn’t fun.
As a automotive blogger, you’ll get to go places, try new things, and meet new people. And it will be part of your business! What could be cooler than that?
Is It Worth Starting A Automotive Blog?
It’s absolutely worth it to start a automotive blog. Not only can you make a living from it, but you can also build a community and control the conversation.
Once you’re an established authority, people in automotive-related industries will take you seriously.
Final Thoughts on Monetizing a Automotive Blog
So now that you know all the different ways you can make money from your automotive blog, here's one more tip for you:
Try using multiple methods to monetize!
Diversifying your income streams is crucial for the future success of your business.
By promoting affiliate offers, displaying ads, and selling your own products, you won't be too reliant on one source of income.
This means that even if Amazon reduces its commission rates, it won't have a devastating impact on your company.
With this multi-tiered approach, hard work, and careful planning, you'll be well on your way to earning what your online business truly deserves.
Why You Should Trust Our Automotive Blogging Content
You may be thinking, "that's all great, but what does Lasso know about automotive blogging?"
Quite a lot, actually.
Here's why you can trust our process for building a successful automotive blog:
We've Built Wildly Successful Blogs
Lasso is built for affiliate marketers, by affiliate marketers. We're not gurus; we've walked the walk.
Our team members have built multiple blogs from the ground up, some of them earning over seven figures in revenue.
We put that experience into every guide we write, so you can trust we're giving you a process that works.
We Talk To Automotive Bloggers Every Day
Lasso's WordPress plugin is installed on over 8,000 websites, including a lot of automotive blogs.
Our team supports those bloggers every day as they create awesome content and earn lots of money.
These communications give us a bird's-eye view of what's new in the automotive industry. We take that information and use it to keep these guides as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
We're Super Nerds
We've put a lot of company focus into learning everything we can about blogging, affiliate marketing, SEO, and anything to do with online entrepreneurship.
We attend conferences, collect high-level contacts, read tons of books, and distill all of that information into our content. We pass information onto you that was previously only available to industry insiders.