So you've started a fitness blog, and now it's time to make some money from it. Trust me, this is where the fun begins!
Whether you're new to blogging or already a fitness influencer, these monetization methods will help you turn your hobby blog into a full-time business. Let's dive right in!
Why You Can Trust Our Fitnes Blog Monetization Guide
Lasso is installed on over 8,000 websites, including many fitnes blogs.
Our team has built multiple 7-figure blogs in a wide range of niches.
We have hands-on experience working with founders to grow and monetize their fitnes blogs.
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the best monetization method for fitnes bloggers because it hits the sweet spot between time investment and earning potential.
Affiliate marketing is a form of advertising where a publisher (the site owner) links to a product in their content and earns a commission from the advertiser (the affiliate program) if readers click on that link and make a purchase.
TIP: With all monetization methods, the rule of thumb is the easier it is to accomplish, the less money you can make, and vice versa.
Also, since you can add links to your existing content, it’s the perfect method for beginners. You’ve already written content, so you’ve already done the hard part.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Fitnes Bloggers
When it comes to affiliate products in the fitness blogging niche, there are several options that can be recommended. Here are some different kinds of affiliate products to consider:
- Workout programs: Recommend popular workout programs that cater to different fitness goals and levels. These programs often come with instructional videos, meal plans, and support forums.
- Exercise equipment: Promote fitness equipment such as resistance bands, dumbbells, yoga mats, or workout machines that can be used at home or in a gym.
- Nutritional supplements: Suggest high-quality protein powders, multivitamins, pre-workout supplements, or meal replacement shakes that can support fitness goals.
- Fitness apparel: Feature stylish and functional workout clothing, including activewear, sports bras, running shoes, or fitness accessories like gym bags or fitness trackers.
- Healthy cookbooks: Recommend cookbooks that focus on nutritious recipes, meal planning, or specialized diets like vegan, paleo, or gluten-free.
There are several reasons why these kinds of affiliate products can be successful in the fitness blogging niche:
- Relevance: Fitness enthusiasts are actively seeking products and resources to support their fitness journey, making these recommendations highly relevant.
- Trust and authority: By recommending reputable and effective products, you can establish yourself as a trusted authority in the fitness niche.
- Potential for repeat purchases: Many fitness products, such as supplements or workout programs, are consumed or completed over time, creating opportunities for repeat purchases and recurring commissions.
- High demand: Fitness is a popular and ever-growing industry, with a large audience actively looking for products to help them achieve their fitness goals.
- Profit potential: Fitness products often have higher price points, allowing for potentially higher commission rates and earnings.
Once you’ve identified which products will solve problems for your readers, you need to sign up for their affiliate programs.
You should start by joining the Amazon Associates affiliate program.
Most physical products in the fitnes niche will be available on Amazon, and the conversion rate on Amazon is insane.
Yes, Amazon’s commission rates are rough, and they only offer a 24-hour cookie duration, but the conversion rate makes up for it. Plus, you’re nearly guaranteed to get accepted into their program.
For products that aren’t available on Amazon, just Google “[Product] affiliate program,” and you’ll find their program’s signup page.
To save you some time, here are a few of the best affiliate networks for fitnes bloggers:
Commission Rate: 12% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 45 Days
Onnit aims to inspire peak performance through products and information. Its products include fitness, nutrition, supplements, apparel, and more.
Commission Rate: 7% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
Reebok creates and markets sports and lifestyle products built upon a strong heritage and authenticity in sports, fitness, and women’s categories.
Commission Rate: 16% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
BodyRock.TV is a 24-hour fitness coach and workout buddy, offering high-intensity interval training exercises to help you reach your goals.
TIP: We maintain a database of the best affiliate programs. Click here to see the best fitness affiliate programs.
Once you’ve been approved for the product’s affiliate program, the program will give you your affiliate link, and you can start inserting it into your content.
How To Monetize A Fitnes Blog With Affiliate Marketing
To add your link to your content, go to your post editor, highlight the relevant text, and insert the link.
Here are a few best practices for adding affiliate links to your WordPress blog:
- Add links where it’s helpful. Adding too many links to your blog posts is just like adding too many ads; it’s annoying. Add links to product titles, images, CTA buttons, and the first time you mention a product. That’s plenty.
- Disclose your links. Every blog post with affiliate links should have a disclaimer at the beginning, and every CTA or product image should also.
- Use direct sales language. When you are writing your call to action, be direct. It’s not rude to say, “Check the price” or “Buy this product today.” Being too passive makes you look unconfident.
Or, take it a step further by creating product displays.
You Can Double Your Affiliate Sales With Lasso Displays
You can create displays manually using the post editor to add links to images and buttons.
However, it can be time-consuming to create these displays and keep them updated if you’re doing it all by hand.
Luckily, monetizing your blog with affiliate links is simplified when you’re using a tool like Lasso.
Lasso makes it super easy to add links and product displays to your posts. You can add product displays to posts right from the post editor; no coding is required. It’s as simple as clicking your mouse three times.
You can also automatically import product info from retailers like Amazon. Just paste the link into the Lasso dashboard, and Lasso will populate the display with the product title, image, and price.
With all of this, remember to follow the guidelines in the affiliate program’s terms and conditions. Amazon, in particular, is pretty stringent.
But everything Lasso does is compliant with Amazon Associates’ TOS, so you never have to worry about being booted from the program.
That’s just scratching the surface of what Lasso can do to help you monetize your fitnes blog. If you’re ready to start making a serious affiliate income from your fitnes site, sign up for Lasso today.
A WordPress plugin that lets you add, manage, and display your affiliate links from any program, including Amazon. Increase conversions. Find new affiliate link opportunities. Earn more revenue! Less than 5 minutes to set up.
Affiliate Marketing Pros and Cons for Fitnes Bloggers
Affiliate marketing can be a lucrative opportunity for fitness bloggers, but it also comes with its fair share of pros and cons.
On the positive side, affiliate marketing allows fitness bloggers to monetize their content and earn passive income. By partnering with relevant brands and promoting their products or services, bloggers can earn a commission for each sale or referral they generate.
Another advantage of affiliate marketing is that it can diversify bloggers' income streams. Instead of relying solely on sponsored posts or ad revenue, affiliate marketing provides an additional source of income that can help bloggers sustain their fitness blogs in the long run.
However, it's important to note that affiliate marketing also has its drawbacks. One potential con is that it can be time-consuming to find and vet suitable affiliate programs. Bloggers need to carefully select affiliate partners that align with their brand and audience, ensuring that the products or services they promote are of high quality and relevance.
2. Display Ads
The second best way to monetize your fitnes blog is with display ads. Ads are the internet's favorite monetization method, but they have severe drawbacks.
How to Monetize a Fitnes Blog With Display Ads
Monetizing a fitnes blog with display ads couldn’t be easier.
First, choose an ad network to join. Networks have traffic requirements, so here are the best ad networks to join based on your site’s page views:
- 100,000+ Visitors per month - Raptive
- 50,000+ Sessions per month - Mediavine
- < 50,000+ Visitors per month - Ezoic
NOTE: WordPress is an open-source software found on WordPress.org. WordPress.com is a premium blogging platform, but you never need to pay to install WordPress on your website, even if it’s self-hosted.
Once you’re accepted to an ad network, follow their instructions to integrate their ads into your site. They will have documentation for every type of content management service (WordPress, Joomla, Ghost, etc.).
If your chosen ad network has a dedicated accounts manager, they will guide you through getting their ads on your site.
And… that’s it. Let the ads run and wait for your deposits to hit your account.
TIP: Optimize your display ads for user experience by using your chosen network’s software settings or talking to your account manager. Keep the ads in the sidebar and footer whenever possible.
You’ll make a lot of money in the long run if you put your readers ahead of quick profit.
Display Ad Pros And Cons For Fitnes Bloggers
Display ads can be a valuable source of revenue for fitness bloggers, but they also come with their own set of pros and cons. One of the major advantages of display ads is that they can generate passive income for bloggers. By placing ads on their website, bloggers can earn money whenever visitors click on or view these ads.
Another benefit of display ads is that they can help bloggers promote relevant products or services to their audience. For fitness bloggers, this could mean partnering with fitness brands and showcasing their products through display ads. These ads can not only provide a source of income but also add value to the blog by offering helpful and relevant recommendations to readers.
However, it's important to consider the potential drawbacks of display ads as well. One downside is that they can sometimes disrupt the user experience. Ads can be distracting and take away from the content of the blog, potentially leading to a negative user experience. Bloggers need to find a balance between monetization and ensuring a positive browsing experience for their readers.
Additionally, display ads may not always align with the blogger's brand or values. Fitness bloggers often have a specific niche and target audience, and displaying ads that are unrelated or contradict their message may harm their credibility. It's crucial for bloggers to carefully select the ads they choose to display and ensure they align with their brand and audience's interests.
3. Digital Products
Selling your own digital products is a great way to increase your earnings per visitor in the fitnes niche.
A digital product is anything you can sell on your fitnes blog that the customer will receive via download.
Digital products to sell on a fitness blog:
- Ebooks: Comprehensive guides on nutrition, exercise routines, and weight loss tips.
- Online Courses: Interactive video courses that cover various fitness topics like yoga, HIIT workouts, or strength training.
- Meal Plans: Customized meal plans with detailed recipes, grocery lists, and nutritional information.
- Workout Programs: Structured workout programs designed for different fitness levels and goals, including detailed exercise instructions and progress tracking.
- Printable Journals: Printable fitness journals to track workouts, nutrition, and progress.
- Cookbooks: Collections of healthy recipes categorized by dietary preferences or fitness goals.
- Mobile Apps: Fitness apps that provide workout routines, tracking features, and access to a community for motivation and support.
- Video Workouts: Pre-recorded workout videos that can be streamed or downloaded for on-demand exercise sessions.
- Audio Programs: Audio-guided workouts or meditation sessions to enhance motivation and focus during fitness activities.
- Challenge Programs: Time-limited challenge programs with daily workouts, nutrition guidelines, and accountability support.
A lot of people search for simple checklists and guides related to different topics. They’d happily pay you for them.
Pros and Cons of Selling Digital Products for Fitnes Bloggers
There are several pros and cons to consider when it comes to selling digital products as a fitness blogger. Let's start with the pros.
Firstly, selling digital products allows you to reach a wider audience. Unlike physical products that require shipping, digital products can be easily downloaded or accessed online, making them accessible to people all over the world. This means you have the potential to increase your customer base and generate more revenue.
Secondly, selling digital products can be highly profitable. Once you have created and set up your digital product, such as an e-book or online course, you can sell it repeatedly without incurring any additional costs. This means that your profit margin can be significantly higher compared to physical products.
However, there are also some cons to selling digital products. One of the main challenges is piracy and unauthorized sharing. Unfortunately, digital products are vulnerable to being illegally shared or downloaded for free, which can result in lost sales and revenue. It's important to take measures to protect your digital products, such as using secure platforms and implementing copyright protection.
How To Monetize a Fitnes Blog By Selling Digital Products
The first thing to do is create your digital product.
Look at which content your audience interacts with the most, and brainstorm digital products to help serve their search intent.
That’s what I did when I created our Ultimate Blogging Guide:
Get Your FREE 20-Page Guide To Making $1000/Day From Your Niche Blog
Then, create the product using whatever tools are at your disposal. For example, use Microsoft Word to create an ebook PDF, or Google Sheets to create interactive spreadsheets and checklists.
Next, you have to figure out how to distribute your product. The easiest way to distribute PDFs is by uploading them to your WordPress media library. Then you can give customers the link, and they can download the PDF from there.
Woocommerce can even connect to an email tool like ConvertKit, so as soon as your customer finishes their checkout, they’ll get an email with a link to their download.
TIP: You can still use Lasso to get more clicks to your digital products. Just create a Lasso display with the link pointing to your product’s sales page.
Barring any issues, you won’t have to do anything but watch your bank account grow.
4. Email Newsletter
One effective way to monetize a fitnes blog is by creating an email newsletter. This method allows you to build a loyal audience and engage with your readers on a more personal level. Let's explore how to monetize a fitnes blog with an email newsletter and the pros and cons of email marketing for fitnes bloggers.
How to Monetize a Fitness Blog with an Email Newsletter
If you're a fitness blogger looking to monetize your blog, one effective method is through an email newsletter. By building a strong subscriber list, you can engage with your audience on a more personal level and promote products or services that align with your fitness niche. Here's how you can monetize your fitness blog with an email newsletter:
1. Provide valuable content: Create exclusive content for your email subscribers that adds value to their fitness journey. This could include workout plans, healthy recipes, motivational tips, or expert interviews. By offering unique and valuable content, you can attract more subscribers and keep them engaged.
2. Promote affiliate products: As a fitness blogger, you likely have favorite fitness products or brands that you genuinely recommend. Join affiliate programs and include affiliate links in your email newsletters to earn a commission whenever your subscribers make a purchase. This way, you can monetize your recommendations and provide your audience with trusted product suggestions.
3. Offer sponsored content: Collaborate with fitness-related brands or companies that align with your blog's values. You can offer sponsored content opportunities in your email newsletters, such as sponsored posts, product reviews, or giveaways. By partnering with relevant brands, you can monetize your email newsletters while providing valuable promotions to your subscribers.
Pros and Cons of Email Marketing for Fitness Bloggers
- Direct communication: Email newsletters allow you to directly communicate with your audience, building a loyal community of fitness enthusiasts.
- Personalized approach: You can tailor your email content based on subscribers' interests, ensuring higher engagement and conversions.
- Monetization opportunities: With an engaged subscriber list, you can monetize your fitness blog through affiliate marketing, sponsored content, or even selling your own products or services.
- Building a subscriber list: Initially, it may take time and effort to grow your email subscriber list, requiring effective lead generation strategies.
- Email deliverability challenges: Ensuring that your newsletters reach your subscribers' inboxes and avoid spam folders can be a challenge, requiring proper email list management and quality content.
- Keeping subscribers engaged: It's crucial to consistently deliver valuable content to keep your subscribers engaged and prevent them from unsubscribing.
5. Consulting and Coaching Services
Consulting or coaching is exchanging your expertise and time for a fee. Your customers need an expert, and you’ve proven yourself to be that expert.
As you become an authority in the industry, people will reach out to you with questions about topics they consider you an expert in.
Now, you don’t have to charge for being helpful, but you should place a dollar value on your time.
As a fitnes blogger, you extensive knowledge of the industry. If a reader reaches out to you asking for help, you should get paid for that effort.
How To Monetize A Fitnes Blog With Consulting Services
Monetizing a fitnes blog with consulting services is similar to selling sponsored posts.
Put a “Coaching” option in your nav bar that goes to a landing page outlining your consulting services and your hourly rate. This will help head off some of the people looking for free advice.
TIP: Again, you can use Lasso to drive more clicks to your coaching pages. Just create a Display with a link to your sales page, and insert it into blog posts.
Then, wait for requests to come in, evaluate them, and propose your offer. If the customer accepts, send them an invoice using PayPal or another payment processor, and schedule the call.
Pros and Cons of Selling Consulting Services for Fitnes Bloggers
There are several pros and cons to consider when it comes to selling consulting services for fitness bloggers. On the positive side, offering consulting services allows fitness bloggers to share their knowledge and expertise with others who are looking to improve their fitness journey. This can be a rewarding experience as it allows bloggers to make a real impact on people's lives and help them achieve their fitness goals.
Another advantage of selling consulting services is the potential for financial gain. By charging for their expertise, fitness bloggers can generate an additional income stream and monetize their knowledge. This can be especially beneficial for bloggers who have already built a strong following and have established themselves as authorities in the fitness industry.
However, there are also some downsides to consider. One potential con is the time commitment that comes with offering consulting services. Providing one-on-one guidance and personalized advice can be time-consuming, especially if the blogger has a large client base. This could potentially take away time and energy from other aspects of the blogger's business or personal life.
Additionally, selling consulting services may require additional skills and qualifications. While a fitness blogger may be knowledgeable in their field, they may need to invest time and resources into obtaining certifications or further education to become a qualified consultant. This can be a barrier for some bloggers who may not have the time or resources to pursue additional qualifications.
Supercharge your earnings with Lasso. Create no-code product Displays and Tables that convert, find and fix broken links, and gain valuable business insights with revenue analytics.Learn More
Fitnes Blog Monetization FAQs
What Is The Best Way To Make Money From Fitnes Blogging?
If you want to build a successful fitnes blog, then affiliate marketing is the best way to monetize it. It’s the least intrusive way to make a lot of money from your site without much extra effort.
Can I Make A Full-Time Income From Fitnes Blogging?
How Do I Start a Fitnes Blog?
Learning how to start a fitnes blog is the first best way to use your expertise to start an online business.
You need to register a domain, install WordPress, and publish great content. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it!
How Do Fitnes Bloggers Get Paid?
Most fitnes bloggers make money through affiliate commissions and advertising fees. Both of these monetization methods pay out one or two months after the fees have been generated.
Some fitnes bloggers also sell sponsored posts, consulting services, or their own products. In these cases, a payment processor like PayPal or Stripe is necessary.
Is Fitnes Blogging Easy?
Nothing worth doing is truly easy, but that doesn’t mean fitnes blogging isn’t fun.
As a fitnes blogger, you’ll get to go places, try new things, and meet new people. And it will be part of your business! What could be cooler than that?
Is It Worth Starting A Fitnes Blog?
It’s absolutely worth it to start a fitnes blog. Not only can you make a living from it, but you can also build a community and control the conversation.
Once you’re an established authority, people in fitnes-related industries will take you seriously.
Final Thoughts on Monetizing a Fitnes Blog
So now you know all the different ways to make money from your fitness blog, step-by-step. But here's one more tip for you:
Try using multiple monetization methods!
By diversifying your income streams, you can protect the future of your business.
If you promote affiliate offers, display ads, and sell your own products, you won't be dependent on a single source of income.
So even if Amazon decides to cut its commission rates again, it won't spell disaster for your company.
With this multi-tiered approach, along with hard work and careful planning, you'll be well on your way to earning what your online business truly deserves.
Why You Should Trust Our Fitnes Blogging Content
You may be thinking, "that's all great, but what does Lasso know about fitnes blogging?"
Quite a lot, actually.
Here's why you can trust our process for building a successful fitnes blog:
We've Built Wildly Successful Blogs
Lasso is built for affiliate marketers, by affiliate marketers. We're not gurus; we've walked the walk.
Our team members have built multiple blogs from the ground up, some of them earning over seven figures in revenue.
We put that experience into every guide we write, so you can trust we're giving you a process that works.
We Talk To Fitnes Bloggers Every Day
Lasso's WordPress plugin is installed on over 8,000 websites, including a lot of fitnes blogs.
Our team supports those bloggers every day as they create awesome content and earn lots of money.
These communications give us a bird's-eye view of what's new in the fitnes industry. We take that information and use it to keep these guides as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
We're Super Nerds
We've put a lot of company focus into learning everything we can about blogging, affiliate marketing, SEO, and anything to do with online entrepreneurship.
We attend conferences, collect high-level contacts, read tons of books, and distill all of that information into our content. We pass information onto you that was previously only available to industry insiders.