So you've started your vegan blog, learned the basics, and now it's time to make some money!
Trust me, monetizing your vegan blog is going to be a blast!
Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned vegan influencer, these methods will turn your hobby blog into a thriving business. Let's dive in!
Why You Can Trust Our Vegan Blog Monetization Guide
Lasso is installed on over 8,000 websites, including many vegan blogs.
Our team has built multiple 7-figure blogs in a wide range of niches.
We have hands-on experience working with founders to grow and monetize their vegan blogs.
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the best monetization method for vegan bloggers because it hits the sweet spot between time investment and earning potential.
Affiliate marketing is a form of advertising where a publisher (the site owner) links to a product in their content and earns a commission from the advertiser (the affiliate program) if readers click on that link and make a purchase.
TIP: With all monetization methods, the rule of thumb is the easier it is to accomplish, the less money you can make, and vice versa.
Also, since you can add links to your existing content, it’s the perfect method for beginners. You’ve already written content, so you’ve already done the hard part.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Vegan Bloggers
When it comes to recommending affiliate products in the vegan blogging niche, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some different kinds of affiliate products that you can consider:
- Vegan cookbooks: Recommend popular vegan cookbooks that offer delicious and creative plant-based recipes.
- Vegan food products: Promote vegan food products such as dairy-free milk alternatives, plant-based protein powders, and vegan snacks.
- Vegan kitchen tools: Suggest high-quality kitchen tools that make vegan cooking easier, such as blenders, food processors, and spiralizers.
- Vegan clothing: Recommend cruelty-free and sustainable fashion brands that offer vegan clothing options.
- Vegan skincare products: Promote vegan and cruelty-free skincare products that are gentle on the skin and free from animal-derived ingredients.
- Vegan supplements: Suggest vegan-friendly supplements such as vitamin B12, omega-3 fatty acids, and iron supplements that are commonly lacking in a plant-based diet.
By recommending these different kinds of affiliate products in your vegan blog, you can provide valuable resources and recommendations to your audience while also earning a commission for your referrals.
Once you’ve identified which products will solve problems for your readers, you need to sign up for their affiliate programs.
You should start by joining the Amazon Associates affiliate program.
Most physical products in the vegan niche will be available on Amazon, and the conversion rate on Amazon is insane.
Yes, Amazon’s commission rates are rough, and they only offer a 24-hour cookie duration, but the conversion rate makes up for it. Plus, you’re nearly guaranteed to get accepted into their program.
For products that aren’t available on Amazon, just Google “[Product] affiliate program,” and you’ll find their program’s signup page.
To save you some time, here are a few of the best affiliate networks for vegan bloggers:
Commission Rate: 10% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
Hu Kitchen, an entirely gluten-free and all-natural with simple ingredients, but unbeatable taste restaurant-goods chain located in NYC.
Commission Rate: 5% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
Urban Decay offers an endless array of high-performance cosmetics, cruelty-free makeup that goes all day and lasts all night.
Commission Rate: 6% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
Blank Canvas Cosmetics is an award winning cosmetics and brush brand with over 150 styles of brush tools to choose from.
TIP: We maintain a database of the best affiliate programs. Click here to see the best vegan affiliate programs.
Once you’ve been approved for the product’s affiliate program, the program will give you your affiliate link, and you can start inserting it into your content.
How To Monetize A Vegan Blog With Affiliate Marketing
To add your link to your content, go to your post editor, highlight the relevant text, and insert the link.
Here are a few best practices for adding affiliate links to your WordPress blog:
- Add links where it’s helpful. Adding too many links to your blog posts is just like adding too many ads; it’s annoying. Add links to product titles, images, CTA buttons, and the first time you mention a product. That’s plenty.
- Disclose your links. Every blog post with affiliate links should have a disclaimer at the beginning, and every CTA or product image should also.
- Use direct sales language. When you are writing your call to action, be direct. It’s not rude to say, “Check the price” or “Buy this product today.” Being too passive makes you look unconfident.
Or, take it a step further by creating product displays.
You Can Double Your Affiliate Sales With Lasso Displays
You can create displays manually using the post editor to add links to images and buttons.
However, it can be time-consuming to create these displays and keep them updated if you’re doing it all by hand.
Luckily, monetizing your blog with affiliate links is simplified when you’re using a tool like Lasso.
Lasso makes it super easy to add links and product displays to your posts. You can add product displays to posts right from the post editor; no coding is required. It’s as simple as clicking your mouse three times.
You can also automatically import product info from retailers like Amazon. Just paste the link into the Lasso dashboard, and Lasso will populate the display with the product title, image, and price.
With all of this, remember to follow the guidelines in the affiliate program’s terms and conditions. Amazon, in particular, is pretty stringent.
But everything Lasso does is compliant with Amazon Associates’ TOS, so you never have to worry about being booted from the program.
That’s just scratching the surface of what Lasso can do to help you monetize your vegan blog. If you’re ready to start making a serious affiliate income from your vegan site, sign up for Lasso today.
A WordPress plugin that lets you add, manage, and display your affiliate links from any program, including Amazon. Increase conversions. Find new affiliate link opportunities. Earn more revenue! Less than 5 minutes to set up.
Affiliate Marketing Pros and Cons for Vegan Bloggers
Affiliate marketing can be a lucrative way for vegan bloggers to monetize their content. However, it also comes with its fair share of pros and cons to consider.
One of the biggest advantages of affiliate marketing for vegan bloggers is the potential for passive income. By partnering with companies that align with their values, bloggers can earn a commission on any sales generated through their unique affiliate links. This means that even while they sleep or take a break, they can still earn money from their blog.
Another benefit is the opportunity to promote products or services that the blogger genuinely believes in. By carefully selecting affiliate programs, bloggers can endorse products that align with their vegan lifestyle and ethics. This can help build trust with their audience and lead to increased engagement and conversions.
However, it's important to note that affiliate marketing also has its drawbacks. One potential con is the risk of appearing inauthentic or overly promotional. It's crucial for bloggers to strike a balance between promoting products and providing valuable content. They need to ensure that their primary focus remains on providing useful and informative content to their audience.
2. Display Ads
The second best way to monetize your vegan blog is with display ads. Ads are the internet's favorite monetization method, but they have severe drawbacks.
How to Monetize a Vegan Blog With Display Ads
Monetizing a vegan blog with display ads couldn’t be easier.
First, choose an ad network to join. Networks have traffic requirements, so here are the best ad networks to join based on your site’s page views:
- 100,000+ Visitors per month - Raptive
- 50,000+ Sessions per month - Mediavine
- < 50,000+ Visitors per month - Ezoic
NOTE: WordPress is an open-source software found on WordPress.org. WordPress.com is a premium blogging platform, but you never need to pay to install WordPress on your website, even if it’s self-hosted.
Once you’re accepted to an ad network, follow their instructions to integrate their ads into your site. They will have documentation for every type of content management service (WordPress, Joomla, Ghost, etc.).
If your chosen ad network has a dedicated accounts manager, they will guide you through getting their ads on your site.
And… that’s it. Let the ads run and wait for your deposits to hit your account.
TIP: Optimize your display ads for user experience by using your chosen network’s software settings or talking to your account manager. Keep the ads in the sidebar and footer whenever possible.
You’ll make a lot of money in the long run if you put your readers ahead of quick profit.
Display Ad Pros And Cons For Vegan Bloggers
Display ads can be both beneficial and challenging for vegan bloggers. On the positive side, display ads can generate additional income for bloggers by monetizing their website's traffic. This can help cover the costs of running a blog and even provide a source of passive income.
However, it's important to consider the potential drawbacks of display ads as well. One major concern is the impact on the user experience. Ads can sometimes be intrusive and disrupt the flow of content, which may be off-putting to readers. Additionally, display ads can sometimes promote non-vegan products or services, which may not align with the values and beliefs of vegan bloggers.
Another consideration is the potential for ad blockers. Many internet users nowadays utilize ad blockers to enhance their browsing experience, which can significantly reduce the visibility and effectiveness of display ads. This means that even if a blogger decides to incorporate display ads, there's no guarantee that all readers will see them.
In conclusion, while display ads can provide financial benefits for vegan bloggers, they also come with challenges such as compromising user experience and potential ad-blocking. It's important for bloggers to carefully weigh the pros and cons before deciding whether to incorporate display ads into their website.
3. Digital Products
Selling your own digital products is a great way to increase your earnings per visitor in the vegan niche.
A digital product is anything you can sell on your vegan blog that the customer will receive via download.
Digital Products to Sell on a Vegan Blog:
- 1. Vegan Recipe E-Books: A collection of delicious and easy-to-follow vegan recipes that can be downloaded and accessed on various devices.
- 2. Meal Planning Guides: Comprehensive meal plans that provide vegan-friendly options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, helping readers stay organized and inspired in their vegan journey.
- 3. Vegan Nutrition Guides: In-depth guides that cover essential nutrients, recommended daily intake, and tips for ensuring a well-balanced vegan diet.
- 4. Online Cooking Classes: Interactive video courses where aspiring vegan chefs can learn new techniques, explore plant-based ingredients, and create delicious vegan dishes from scratch.
- 5. Vegan Grocery Shopping Lists: Convenient downloadable lists that outline vegan-friendly products, making it easier for readers to navigate the aisles and choose cruelty-free options.
- 6. Mindfulness and Veganism E-Books: Books that explore the connection between mindfulness, compassion, and veganism, providing insights and guidance for a more conscious and compassionate lifestyle.
- 7. Vegan Fitness Guides: Fitness-focused guides that offer workout routines, nutrition tips, and advice for building strength and maintaining a healthy vegan lifestyle.
- 8. Meal Prep Templates: Printable templates that help readers plan and prepare their vegan meals in advance, saving time and ensuring they always have nutritious options at hand.
- 9. Vegan Travel Guides: Detailed guides that highlight vegan-friendly destinations, restaurants, and accommodations around the world, empowering readers to explore the globe while staying true to their vegan values.
- 10. Vegan Beauty and Skincare E-Books: Informative e-books that delve into the world of vegan beauty and skincare, offering tips, DIY recipes, and product recommendations for a cruelty-free and sustainable beauty routine.
A lot of people search for simple checklists and guides related to different topics. They’d happily pay you for them.
Pros and Cons of Selling Digital Products for Vegan Bloggers
There are several pros and cons to consider when it comes to selling digital products for vegan bloggers. One major advantage is the potential for passive income. Once you create and launch your digital product, such as an e-book or online course, it can continue to generate revenue without much ongoing effort on your part.
Another benefit is the ability to reach a wider audience. Digital products can be easily accessed and downloaded by people all over the world, allowing you to share your expertise and knowledge with a larger community. This can help you establish yourself as an authority in the vegan blogging niche.
However, there are also some downsides to selling digital products. One challenge is the need to constantly update and refresh your offerings. As the vegan industry evolves and new information becomes available, you may need to revise your products to ensure they remain relevant and valuable to your audience.
Additionally, competition can be fierce in the digital marketplace. With so many bloggers and content creators selling their own products, it can be difficult to stand out and attract customers. It's important to have a unique selling proposition and effective marketing strategies in place to differentiate yourself from the competition.
How To Monetize a Vegan Blog By Selling Digital Products
The first thing to do is create your digital product.
Look at which content your audience interacts with the most, and brainstorm digital products to help serve their search intent.
That’s what I did when I created our Ultimate Blogging Guide:
Get Your FREE 20-Page Guide To Making $1000/Day From Your Niche Blog
Then, create the product using whatever tools are at your disposal. For example, use Microsoft Word to create an ebook PDF, or Google Sheets to create interactive spreadsheets and checklists.
Next, you have to figure out how to distribute your product. The easiest way to distribute PDFs is by uploading them to your WordPress media library. Then you can give customers the link, and they can download the PDF from there.
Woocommerce can even connect to an email tool like ConvertKit, so as soon as your customer finishes their checkout, they’ll get an email with a link to their download.
TIP: You can still use Lasso to get more clicks to your digital products. Just create a Lasso display with the link pointing to your product’s sales page.
Barring any issues, you won’t have to do anything but watch your bank account grow.
4. Email Newsletter
One effective way to monetize a vegan blog is by creating an email newsletter. This method allows you to build a loyal audience and engage with your readers on a more personal level. Let's explore how to monetize a vegan blog with an email newsletter and the pros and cons of email marketing for vegan bloggers.
How to Monetize a Vegan Blog with an Email Newsletter
If you're a vegan blogger looking to monetize your blog, one effective method is through an email newsletter. An email newsletter allows you to connect with your audience on a more personal level and build a loyal community of readers. Here's how you can monetize your vegan blog with an email newsletter:
1. Offer exclusive content: Provide your subscribers with valuable and exclusive content related to veganism. This could include recipes, meal plans, tips for transitioning to a vegan lifestyle, or even discounts on vegan products. By offering something unique to your email subscribers, you can incentivize them to stay subscribed and engage with your content.
2. Promote affiliate products: As a vegan blogger, you likely have tried and tested various vegan products. You can partner with vegan brands and promote their products as an affiliate. Include affiliate links in your email newsletters and earn a commission for every sale that is made through your links. Make sure to only promote products that align with your values and that you genuinely recommend to your audience.
3. Offer sponsored content: Collaborate with vegan brands or companies that align with your blog's values and offer sponsored content opportunities. You can promote their products or services in your email newsletters by writing honest reviews or featuring them in your content. Sponsored content can provide a steady stream of income while still providing value to your subscribers.
Pros and Cons of Email Marketing for Vegan Bloggers
- Direct communication: Email newsletters allow direct communication with your audience, enabling you to build a stronger connection with your readers.
- Increased engagement: By sending regular newsletters, you can keep your audience engaged and encourage them to interact with your blog and social media channels.
- Monetization opportunities: With an email newsletter, you can promote affiliate products, sponsored content, or even your own products or services, providing multiple avenues for monetization.
- Time-consuming: Creating and maintaining an email newsletter requires time and effort to consistently produce valuable content for your subscribers.
- Building a subscriber list: Initially, it may take some time to build a substantial subscriber list. However, with consistent effort and promotion, you can steadily grow your audience.
- Compliance with email regulations: It's important to comply with email regulations, such as including an unsubscribe option and not spamming your subscribers. Familiarize yourself with the laws and best practices to ensure you are sending emails responsibly.
5. Consulting and Coaching Services
Consulting or coaching is exchanging your expertise and time for a fee. Your customers need an expert, and you’ve proven yourself to be that expert.
As you become an authority in the industry, people will reach out to you with questions about topics they consider you an expert in.
Now, you don’t have to charge for being helpful, but you should place a dollar value on your time.
As a vegan blogger, you extensive knowledge of the industry. If a reader reaches out to you asking for help, you should get paid for that effort.
How To Monetize A Vegan Blog With Consulting Services
Monetizing a vegan blog with consulting services is similar to selling sponsored posts.
Put a “Coaching” option in your nav bar that goes to a landing page outlining your consulting services and your hourly rate. This will help head off some of the people looking for free advice.
TIP: Again, you can use Lasso to drive more clicks to your coaching pages. Just create a Display with a link to your sales page, and insert it into blog posts.
Then, wait for requests to come in, evaluate them, and propose your offer. If the customer accepts, send them an invoice using PayPal or another payment processor, and schedule the call.
Pros and Cons of Selling Consulting Services for Vegan Bloggers
There are several pros and cons to consider when selling consulting services for vegan bloggers. On the positive side, there is a growing demand for vegan content and expertise in the online world. As more people embrace the vegan lifestyle, bloggers are seeking guidance on how to create engaging content, build their brand, and reach a wider audience.
By offering consulting services to vegan bloggers, you have the opportunity to tap into this niche market and help aspiring bloggers succeed. You can share your knowledge and experience, provide valuable insights, and offer personalized advice tailored to their specific needs and goals.
However, there are also some challenges to consider. Vegan blogging is a competitive field, and establishing yourself as a trusted consultant may take time and effort. Additionally, working with clients remotely can sometimes pose communication and time zone challenges, requiring flexibility and effective communication skills.
Overall, selling consulting services for vegan bloggers can be a rewarding venture for those passionate about veganism and blogging. It allows you to make a positive impact on the vegan community, share your expertise, and potentially generate income doing what you love.
Supercharge your earnings with Lasso. Create no-code product Displays and Tables that convert, find and fix broken links, and gain valuable business insights with revenue analytics.Learn More
Vegan Blog Monetization FAQs
What Is The Best Way To Make Money From Vegan Blogging?
If you want to build a successful vegan blog, then affiliate marketing is the best way to monetize it. It’s the least intrusive way to make a lot of money from your site without much extra effort.
Can I Make A Full-Time Income From Vegan Blogging?
How Do I Start a Vegan Blog?
Learning how to start a vegan blog is the first best way to use your expertise to start an online business.
You need to register a domain, install WordPress, and publish great content. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it!
How Do Vegan Bloggers Get Paid?
Most vegan bloggers make money through affiliate commissions and advertising fees. Both of these monetization methods pay out one or two months after the fees have been generated.
Some vegan bloggers also sell sponsored posts, consulting services, or their own products. In these cases, a payment processor like PayPal or Stripe is necessary.
Is Vegan Blogging Easy?
Nothing worth doing is truly easy, but that doesn’t mean vegan blogging isn’t fun.
As a vegan blogger, you’ll get to go places, try new things, and meet new people. And it will be part of your business! What could be cooler than that?
Is It Worth Starting A Vegan Blog?
It’s absolutely worth it to start a vegan blog. Not only can you make a living from it, but you can also build a community and control the conversation.
Once you’re an established authority, people in vegan-related industries will take you seriously.
Final Thoughts on Monetizing a Vegan Blog
Now that you know how to monetize your vegan blog, let me give you one more tip:
Try using multiple ways to make money!
Having different income sources will protect your business's future.
If you promote affiliate offers, display ads, and sell your own products, you won't be in trouble if Amazon lowers its commission rates.
By using this approach, working hard, and planning well, you'll be on your way to earning what your online business truly deserves.
Why You Should Trust Our Vegan Blogging Content
You may be thinking, "that's all great, but what does Lasso know about vegan blogging?"
Quite a lot, actually.
Here's why you can trust our process for building a successful vegan blog:
We've Built Wildly Successful Blogs
Lasso is built for affiliate marketers, by affiliate marketers. We're not gurus; we've walked the walk.
Our team members have built multiple blogs from the ground up, some of them earning over seven figures in revenue.
We put that experience into every guide we write, so you can trust we're giving you a process that works.
We Talk To Vegan Bloggers Every Day
Lasso's WordPress plugin is installed on over 8,000 websites, including a lot of vegan blogs.
Our team supports those bloggers every day as they create awesome content and earn lots of money.
These communications give us a bird's-eye view of what's new in the vegan industry. We take that information and use it to keep these guides as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
We're Super Nerds
We've put a lot of company focus into learning everything we can about blogging, affiliate marketing, SEO, and anything to do with online entrepreneurship.
We attend conferences, collect high-level contacts, read tons of books, and distill all of that information into our content. We pass information onto you that was previously only available to industry insiders.