So you've got your beauty blog up and running, but now it's time to start making some money from it. Don't worry, it's easier than you think!
Whether you're just starting out or you've been at this for a while, there are plenty of ways to turn your blog into a profitable business.
Let's dive into some of the best methods for monetizing your beauty blog.
Why You Can Trust Our Beauty Blog Monetization Guide
Lasso is installed on over 8,000 websites, including many beauty blogs.
Our team has built multiple 7-figure blogs in a wide range of niches.
We have hands-on experience working with founders to grow and monetize their beauty blogs.
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is the best monetization method for beauty bloggers because it hits the sweet spot between time investment and earning potential.
Affiliate marketing is a form of advertising where a publisher (the site owner) links to a product in their content and earns a commission from the advertiser (the affiliate program) if readers click on that link and make a purchase.
TIP: With all monetization methods, the rule of thumb is the easier it is to accomplish, the less money you can make, and vice versa.
Also, since you can add links to your existing content, it’s the perfect method for beginners. You’ve already written content, so you’ve already done the hard part.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Beauty Bloggers
When it comes to affiliate products in the beauty blogging niche, there are a variety of options to consider. Here are some different kinds of affiliate products that can be recommended:
- Skincare products: This category includes facial cleansers, moisturizers, serums, and masks. They are popular among beauty enthusiasts looking to achieve healthy and glowing skin.
- Makeup products: From foundations and concealers to eyeshadow palettes and lipsticks, makeup products are highly sought after by beauty bloggers and their followers.
- Haircare products: This includes shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, and styling tools. Many people are in search of effective solutions for their hair concerns.
- Nail care products: Nail polishes, nail treatments, and nail tools are often featured in beauty blogs, as nail art and manicures continue to be popular.
- Fragrances: Perfumes and colognes are frequently mentioned in beauty blogs as they allow individuals to express their personal style and enhance their overall presence.
- Beauty tools: These can include makeup brushes, sponges, curling irons, and facial cleansing devices. These tools help achieve professional-looking results.
- Subscription boxes: Beauty subscription boxes offer a variety of products each month, allowing bloggers to showcase new and exciting items to their audience.
There are several reasons why these affiliate products are recommended:
- High demand: Skincare, makeup, and haircare are essential parts of many people's daily routines, making them popular and in-demand products.
- Repeat purchases: Beauty products often need to be replenished, which means customers are likely to make repeat purchases, leading to potential recurring affiliate commissions.
- Wide range of price points: Beauty products come in various price ranges, allowing bloggers to cater to different budgets and target audiences.
- Visual appeal: Beauty products are visually appealing, making them ideal for showcasing in blog posts and social media content.
- Strong online presence: Beauty brands have a significant online presence, which means there are plenty of opportunities for bloggers to collaborate and earn affiliate commissions.
Once you’ve identified which products will solve problems for your readers, you need to sign up for their affiliate programs.
You should start by joining the Amazon Associates affiliate program.
Most physical products in the beauty niche will be available on Amazon, and the conversion rate on Amazon is insane.
Yes, Amazon’s commission rates are rough, and they only offer a 24-hour cookie duration, but the conversion rate makes up for it. Plus, you’re nearly guaranteed to get accepted into their program.
For products that aren’t available on Amazon, just Google “[Product] affiliate program,” and you’ll find their program’s signup page.
To save you some time, here are a few of the best affiliate networks for beauty bloggers:
Commission Rate: $250+
Cookie Duration: 30 - 90 Days
Olavivo is a boutique affiliate network with a focus on Ecommerce, Health & Beauty, Sweepstakes, Gaming, Dating, Finance and Cryptocurrency.
Commission Rate: 20% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 14 Days
Bliss of Greece is an all-natural beauty brand offering high-end products for skin and hair that are free of chemicals & preservatives as well as vegan and cruelty-free.
Commission Rate: 8% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
Elizabeth Ardens story begins when. Florence Nightingale Graham opened her first ‘Red Door’ salon in New York in 1910 with her new form of makeup.
TIP: We maintain a database of the best affiliate programs. Click here to see the best beauty affiliate programs.
Once you’ve been approved for the product’s affiliate program, the program will give you your affiliate link, and you can start inserting it into your content.
How To Monetize A Beauty Blog With Affiliate Marketing
To add your link to your content, go to your post editor, highlight the relevant text, and insert the link.
Here are a few best practices for adding affiliate links to your WordPress blog:
- Add links where it’s helpful. Adding too many links to your blog posts is just like adding too many ads; it’s annoying. Add links to product titles, images, CTA buttons, and the first time you mention a product. That’s plenty.
- Disclose your links. Every blog post with affiliate links should have a disclaimer at the beginning, and every CTA or product image should also.
- Use direct sales language. When you are writing your call to action, be direct. It’s not rude to say, “Check the price” or “Buy this product today.” Being too passive makes you look unconfident.
Or, take it a step further by creating product displays.
You Can Double Your Affiliate Sales With Lasso Displays
You can create displays manually using the post editor to add links to images and buttons.
However, it can be time-consuming to create these displays and keep them updated if you’re doing it all by hand.
Luckily, monetizing your blog with affiliate links is simplified when you’re using a tool like Lasso.
Lasso makes it super easy to add links and product displays to your posts. You can add product displays to posts right from the post editor; no coding is required. It’s as simple as clicking your mouse three times.
You can also automatically import product info from retailers like Amazon. Just paste the link into the Lasso dashboard, and Lasso will populate the display with the product title, image, and price.
With all of this, remember to follow the guidelines in the affiliate program’s terms and conditions. Amazon, in particular, is pretty stringent.
But everything Lasso does is compliant with Amazon Associates’ TOS, so you never have to worry about being booted from the program.
That’s just scratching the surface of what Lasso can do to help you monetize your beauty blog. If you’re ready to start making a serious affiliate income from your beauty site, sign up for Lasso today.
A WordPress plugin that lets you add, manage, and display your affiliate links from any program, including Amazon. Increase conversions. Find new affiliate link opportunities. Earn more revenue! Less than 5 minutes to set up.
Affiliate Marketing Pros and Cons for Beauty Bloggers
Affiliate marketing can be a great opportunity for beauty bloggers to monetize their content and earn passive income. By partnering with brands and promoting their products or services, bloggers can earn a commission for every sale or referral made through their unique affiliate links.
One of the major advantages of affiliate marketing for beauty bloggers is the potential for high earnings. As the beauty industry is vast and constantly evolving, there are numerous affiliate programs available, allowing bloggers to choose the brands and products that align with their niche and audience. This flexibility enables bloggers to promote products they genuinely love and believe in, enhancing their credibility and trust with their readers.
However, it's important to consider the potential downsides of affiliate marketing as well. One challenge beauty bloggers may face is the saturation of the market, with many bloggers promoting the same products or brands. This can make it harder to stand out and earn significant commissions. Additionally, bloggers need to be transparent with their audience about their affiliate partnerships to maintain trust and authenticity.
Overall, affiliate marketing can be a valuable income stream for beauty bloggers, offering the opportunity to earn passive income while promoting products they love. However, it's essential to carefully select affiliate programs, maintain transparency with readers, and continually provide valuable and engaging content to maximize the benefits of affiliate marketing.
2. Display Ads
The second best way to monetize your beauty blog is with display ads. Ads are the internet's favorite monetization method, but they have severe drawbacks.
How to Monetize a Beauty Blog With Display Ads
Monetizing a beauty blog with display ads couldn’t be easier.
First, choose an ad network to join. Networks have traffic requirements, so here are the best ad networks to join based on your site’s page views:
- 100,000+ Visitors per month - Raptive
- 50,000+ Sessions per month - Mediavine
- < 50,000+ Visitors per month - Ezoic
NOTE: WordPress is an open-source software found on WordPress.org. WordPress.com is a premium blogging platform, but you never need to pay to install WordPress on your website, even if it’s self-hosted.
Once you’re accepted to an ad network, follow their instructions to integrate their ads into your site. They will have documentation for every type of content management service (WordPress, Joomla, Ghost, etc.).
If your chosen ad network has a dedicated accounts manager, they will guide you through getting their ads on your site.
And… that’s it. Let the ads run and wait for your deposits to hit your account.
TIP: Optimize your display ads for user experience by using your chosen network’s software settings or talking to your account manager. Keep the ads in the sidebar and footer whenever possible.
You’ll make a lot of money in the long run if you put your readers ahead of quick profit.
Display Ad Pros And Cons For Beauty Bloggers
Display ads can be a valuable tool for beauty bloggers looking to monetize their content. One of the main advantages of display ads is that they provide a passive source of income. By displaying ads on their blog, beauty bloggers can earn revenue without having to actively promote or sell products.
Additionally, display ads allow beauty bloggers to reach a wider audience. These ads are typically targeted based on the user's browsing history and interests, which means that they are more likely to be relevant to the reader. This can result in higher click-through rates and increased engagement with the blogger's content.
However, there are also some drawbacks to consider. Display ads can sometimes be intrusive and disrupt the user experience. They can slow down the loading time of a webpage and make it difficult for readers to navigate the blog. This can lead to a decrease in user satisfaction and potentially drive away visitors.
Another potential downside is that display ads may not align with the beauty blogger's brand or aesthetic. If the ads displayed on the blog are irrelevant or of low quality, it can negatively impact the blogger's credibility and reputation. It's important for beauty bloggers to carefully consider the types of ads they choose to display on their blog and ensure that they align with their values and target audience.
3. Digital Products
Selling your own digital products is a great way to increase your earnings per visitor in the beauty niche.
A digital product is anything you can sell on your beauty blog that the customer will receive via download.
Digital products to sell on a beauty blog:
- Beauty e-books: Create and sell e-books on topics like skincare routines, makeup tips, and hair care secrets.
- Online courses: Offer online courses on beauty-related subjects such as DIY natural skincare, makeup application techniques, or hairstyling tutorials.
- Printable planners: Design and sell printable beauty planners to help readers organize their skincare routines, track progress, and set beauty goals.
- Beauty templates: Create and sell customizable templates for beauty bloggers to use for their websites, social media posts, and newsletters.
- Stock photos: Offer a collection of high-quality beauty-related stock photos for bloggers and businesses to use in their content.
- Beauty printables: Create and sell printable beauty-themed coloring pages, inspirational quotes, or printable wall art for beauty enthusiasts.
- Beauty checklists: Provide downloadable checklists for various beauty routines, such as skincare routines, makeup application steps, or hair care tips.
- Beauty video tutorials: Sell access to exclusive video tutorials on different beauty techniques, product reviews, or makeup looks.
- Beauty worksheets: Offer printable worksheets to help readers analyze their skin type, create personalized skincare routines, or track their beauty expenses.
A lot of people search for simple checklists and guides related to different topics. They’d happily pay you for them.
Pros and Cons of Selling Digital Products for Beauty Bloggers
Selling digital products can be a great opportunity for beauty bloggers to expand their income streams and reach a wider audience. There are several pros and cons to consider before diving into this venture.
One major advantage is that digital products are easy to create and distribute. Bloggers can create e-books, online courses, or even printable resources with their expertise and knowledge. These products can be sold on their own website or through platforms like Etsy or Gumroad.
Another pro is the potential for passive income. Once the digital product is created, bloggers can continue to sell it without much additional effort. This allows them to earn money even when they're not actively blogging or creating new content.
However, there are also some cons to selling digital products. One challenge is the competition in the market. There are already many beauty bloggers and influencers selling similar products, so it can be difficult to stand out and attract customers.
How To Monetize a Beauty Blog By Selling Digital Products
The first thing to do is create your digital product.
Look at which content your audience interacts with the most, and brainstorm digital products to help serve their search intent.
That’s what I did when I created our Ultimate Blogging Guide:
Get Your FREE 20-Page Guide To Making $1000/Day From Your Niche Blog
Then, create the product using whatever tools are at your disposal. For example, use Microsoft Word to create an ebook PDF, or Google Sheets to create interactive spreadsheets and checklists.
Next, you have to figure out how to distribute your product. The easiest way to distribute PDFs is by uploading them to your WordPress media library. Then you can give customers the link, and they can download the PDF from there.
Woocommerce can even connect to an email tool like ConvertKit, so as soon as your customer finishes their checkout, they’ll get an email with a link to their download.
TIP: You can still use Lasso to get more clicks to your digital products. Just create a Lasso display with the link pointing to your product’s sales page.
Barring any issues, you won’t have to do anything but watch your bank account grow.
4. Email Newsletter
One effective way to monetize a beauty blog is by creating an email newsletter. This method allows you to build a loyal audience and engage with your readers on a more personal level. Let's explore how to monetize a beauty blog with an email newsletter and the pros and cons of email marketing for beauty bloggers.
How to Monetize a Beauty Blog with an Email Newsletter
An email newsletter is a powerful tool for beauty bloggers to monetize their blogs. It allows you to connect with your audience on a more personal level and build a loyal following. Here are some steps to monetize your beauty blog using an email newsletter:
1. Build a strong subscriber list: Encourage your blog readers to sign up for your newsletter by offering exclusive content, such as beauty tips and tutorials, product recommendations, and discounts. Focus on creating valuable content that resonates with your target audience.
2. Promote affiliate products: Include affiliate links in your newsletter to recommend beauty products that you genuinely love and use. When your subscribers make a purchase through your affiliate link, you earn a commission. Be transparent about your affiliate partnerships to maintain trust with your audience.
3. Create sponsored content: Collaborate with beauty brands to create sponsored content that aligns with your blog's niche. Include sponsored content in your newsletter, such as product reviews, sponsored giveaways, or sponsored tutorials. Make sure the sponsored content adds value to your audience and fits seamlessly within your newsletter.
Pros and Cons of Email Marketing for Beauty Bloggers
- Direct and personalized communication: Email newsletters allow you to communicate directly with your audience and build a personal connection. You can customize your newsletters to suit your subscribers' interests and preferences, making it highly targeted.
- Higher conversion rates: Compared to other marketing channels, email marketing often has higher conversion rates. When your subscribers trust you and value your recommendations, they are more likely to make purchases through your affiliate links or engage with sponsored content.
- Opportunity for repeat business: By regularly sending newsletters, you can stay top-of-mind with your audience. This increases the chances of repeat business as your subscribers become more familiar with your recommendations and trust your expertise.
- Email deliverability challenges: Getting your newsletters into your subscribers' inboxes can be a challenge, especially with spam filters becoming stricter. It's important to follow best practices and ensure your emails are relevant, engaging, and comply with anti-spam regulations.
- Time-consuming: Creating quality content for your newsletters, managing your subscriber list, and analyzing email performance can be time-consuming. It requires consistent effort and dedication to maintain an effective email marketing strategy.
- Competition for attention: Inboxes are often flooded with emails, making it challenging to stand out. You need to create compelling subject lines and captivating content to capture your subscribers' attention amidst the competition.
5. Consulting and Coaching Services
Consulting or coaching is exchanging your expertise and time for a fee. Your customers need an expert, and you’ve proven yourself to be that expert.
As you become an authority in the industry, people will reach out to you with questions about topics they consider you an expert in.
Now, you don’t have to charge for being helpful, but you should place a dollar value on your time.
As a beauty blogger, you extensive knowledge of the industry. If a reader reaches out to you asking for help, you should get paid for that effort.
How To Monetize A Beauty Blog With Consulting Services
Monetizing a beauty blog with consulting services is similar to selling sponsored posts.
Put a “Coaching” option in your nav bar that goes to a landing page outlining your consulting services and your hourly rate. This will help head off some of the people looking for free advice.
TIP: Again, you can use Lasso to drive more clicks to your coaching pages. Just create a Display with a link to your sales page, and insert it into blog posts.
Then, wait for requests to come in, evaluate them, and propose your offer. If the customer accepts, send them an invoice using PayPal or another payment processor, and schedule the call.
Pros and Cons of Selling Consulting Services for Beauty Bloggers
There are several pros and cons to consider when selling consulting services for beauty bloggers. On the positive side, offering consulting services allows you to share your expertise and knowledge with others who are passionate about beauty. You can provide valuable advice and guidance on topics such as skincare routines, makeup techniques, and product recommendations.
Additionally, selling consulting services can be a lucrative opportunity. As a beauty consultant, you have the potential to earn a substantial income by leveraging your expertise and building a client base. This can be especially beneficial if you have a strong online presence and can attract clients through your blog or social media platforms.
However, it's important to be aware of the potential challenges that come with selling consulting services. One of the main cons is the time commitment required. Consulting often involves one-on-one interactions with clients, which can be time-consuming. It's essential to manage your schedule effectively and set boundaries to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
Another potential drawback is the need to continuously stay updated with the latest beauty trends and innovations. The beauty industry is constantly evolving, and as a consultant, you need to stay ahead of the curve to provide valuable and relevant advice to your clients. This requires ongoing research and learning to maintain your authority on the subject.
Supercharge your earnings with Lasso. Create no-code product Displays and Tables that convert, find and fix broken links, and gain valuable business insights with revenue analytics.Learn More
Beauty Blog Monetization FAQs
What Is The Best Way To Make Money From Beauty Blogging?
If you want to build a successful beauty blog, then affiliate marketing is the best way to monetize it. It’s the least intrusive way to make a lot of money from your site without much extra effort.
Can I Make A Full-Time Income From Beauty Blogging?
How Do I Start a Beauty Blog?
Learning how to start a beauty blog is the first best way to use your expertise to start an online business.
You need to register a domain, install WordPress, and publish great content. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it!
How Do Beauty Bloggers Get Paid?
Most beauty bloggers make money through affiliate commissions and advertising fees. Both of these monetization methods pay out one or two months after the fees have been generated.
Some beauty bloggers also sell sponsored posts, consulting services, or their own products. In these cases, a payment processor like PayPal or Stripe is necessary.
Is Beauty Blogging Easy?
Nothing worth doing is truly easy, but that doesn’t mean beauty blogging isn’t fun.
As a beauty blogger, you’ll get to go places, try new things, and meet new people. And it will be part of your business! What could be cooler than that?
Is It Worth Starting A Beauty Blog?
It’s absolutely worth it to start a beauty blog. Not only can you make a living from it, but you can also build a community and control the conversation.
Once you’re an established authority, people in beauty-related industries will take you seriously.
Final Thoughts on Monetizing a Beauty Blog
So now that you know all the different ways to make money from your beauty blog, here's a bonus tip for you: use multiple monetization methods!
Diversifying your income streams is key to protecting your business's future.
If you promote affiliate offers, use display ads, and sell your own products, you won't be too affected if Amazon decides to cut its commission rates again.
By taking this multi-tiered approach, working hard, and planning carefully, you'll be well on your way to earning what your online business truly deserves.
Why You Should Trust Our Beauty Blogging Content
You may be thinking, "that's all great, but what does Lasso know about beauty blogging?"
Quite a lot, actually.
Here's why you can trust our process for building a successful beauty blog:
We've Built Wildly Successful Blogs
Lasso is built for affiliate marketers, by affiliate marketers. We're not gurus; we've walked the walk.
Our team members have built multiple blogs from the ground up, some of them earning over seven figures in revenue.
We put that experience into every guide we write, so you can trust we're giving you a process that works.
We Talk To Beauty Bloggers Every Day
Lasso's WordPress plugin is installed on over 8,000 websites, including a lot of beauty blogs.
Our team supports those bloggers every day as they create awesome content and earn lots of money.
These communications give us a bird's-eye view of what's new in the beauty industry. We take that information and use it to keep these guides as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
We're Super Nerds
We've put a lot of company focus into learning everything we can about blogging, affiliate marketing, SEO, and anything to do with online entrepreneurship.
We attend conferences, collect high-level contacts, read tons of books, and distill all of that information into our content. We pass information onto you that was previously only available to industry insiders.