If you're ready to turn your passion for making money into a side hustle or full-time business, starting a blog is the way to go.
Successful money making bloggers earn thousands of dollars each month by sharing their experiences. So why not do the same?
In this post, I'll show you how to create a blog that connects with readers and generates income.
If you're ready to become a blogging authority and start making money, let's dive in!
- Money Making Blogging Basics
- Finding Your Money Making Niche
- Planning Out Your Money Making Blog
- How to Start a Money Making Blog | Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Write Great Money Making Blog Posts
- Promoting Your Money Making Blog
- Monetizing Your Money Making Blog
- FAQs on Starting a Money Making Blog
- Final Thoughts on Starting a Money Making Blog
Why You Can Trust Our Money Making Blogging Guide
Lasso is installed on over 8,000 websites, including many money making blogs.
Our team has built multiple 7-figure blogs in a wide range of niches.
We have hands-on experience working with founders to grow and monetize their money making blogs.
Money Making Blogging Basics
Starting a money making blog can be a really fun and rewarding experience, but it's important to know what you're getting into.
Here are a few basic things to keep in mind before diving in:
What Is a Money Making Blog?
A money making blog is a type of website that is designed to generate income for its owner. It is a platform where individuals can share their knowledge, expertise, and opinions on a particular topic while also making money through various monetization strategies.
These blogs often focus on a specific niche or subject matter that attracts a target audience. By providing valuable and engaging content, bloggers can attract a loyal following and build a community around their blog.
One of the primary ways that money making blogs generate income is through advertising. Bloggers can display advertisements on their site and earn money each time a visitor clicks on an ad or makes a purchase through the ad link. This is known as pay-per-click (PPC) or affiliate marketing.
In addition to advertising, bloggers can also generate income through sponsored content. This involves partnering with brands or companies to promote their products or services on the blog in exchange for a fee. Sponsored posts can take the form of product reviews, sponsored articles, or social media mentions.
Another common monetization strategy for money making blogs is selling digital products or services. Bloggers can create and sell e-books, online courses, consulting services, or other digital products that cater to their audience's needs and interests.
Overall, a money making blog is a platform that allows individuals to share their passion and knowledge while also earning income through various monetization strategies. It requires dedication, consistency, and the ability to provide valuable content that resonates with the target audience.
Why Should You Start a Money Making Blog?
Starting a money making blog can be a great way to earn passive income and achieve financial freedom. Here are a few reasons why you should consider starting your own blog:
- Build a profitable online business: A money making blog gives you the opportunity to create a profitable online business. By providing valuable content and attracting a loyal audience, you can monetize your blog through various income streams such as advertising, sponsored posts, affiliate marketing, and selling digital products.
- Flexible work schedule: With a money making blog, you have the freedom to work on your own terms. You can choose when and where to work, allowing you to balance your blog with other commitments or even turn it into a full-time job.
- Express your passion and expertise: Blogging allows you to share your passion and expertise with the world. Whether you're knowledgeable about cooking, fashion, personal finance, or any other niche, a blog gives you a platform to showcase your skills and connect with like-minded individuals.
- Low startup costs: Compared to starting a traditional business, starting a blog requires minimal upfront investment. You can create a blog using affordable web hosting services and free blogging platforms, making it accessible to anyone with a computer and internet connection.
- Opportunity for personal growth: Running a money making blog can be a journey of personal growth. It allows you to develop valuable skills such as writing, digital marketing, networking, and entrepreneurship. As you overcome challenges and achieve success, you'll gain confidence and knowledge that can be applied to other areas of your life.
Ready to kickstart your Money Making blog? Get Your FREE 20-Page Guide To Making $1,000/Day.
Finding Your Money Making Niche
You’re probably thinking, 'I already picked a niche! Money Making' But for the purposes of blogging, that’s not nearly specific enough, at least in the beginning. If you want your blog to succeed, you need to niche down.
Why Choosing a Niche is Important
Choosing a money making niche is important for a number of reasons.
First, it makes it easier for readers to find your content and for search engines to rank it. If your blog is too broad, it will be hard to compete with other established money making bloggers and get organic traffic.
Second, having a specific niche will help you establish yourself as an expert in that area. Readers will come to trust your opinion and recommendations, and you'll be able to build a loyal following.
Finally, having a money making niche will also make it easier for you to come up with content ideas. Rather than trying to cover every aspect of money making, you can focus on the specific topics and recipes that your readers are most interested in.
How to Choose a Money Making Blog Niche
Choosing a money making blog niche is an important decision that can greatly impact the success of your blog. Here are some tips to help you choose the right niche:
- Identify your passions and interests: Consider what topics you are knowledgeable and passionate about. This will make it easier for you to create content and engage with your audience.
- Research popular niches: Look into popular niches that have a high demand and potential for monetization. Explore online forums, social media groups, and keyword research tools to gather insights.
- Analyze competition: Evaluate the competition in your chosen niche. Assess the number of existing blogs, their quality, and their monetization strategies. Consider niches with less competition or find a unique angle to stand out.
- Consider profitability: Research potential monetization methods for your niche. Look for niches with products or services that can be promoted through affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, or advertising.
- Think long-term: Choose a niche that has the potential for long-term growth and sustainability. Avoid niches that are too narrow or trendy, as they may not have staying power.
- Stay true to yourself: Select a niche that aligns with your values and personal brand. Authenticity is key to building trust with your audience and establishing yourself as an authority in your niche.
By following these tips, you can choose a money making blog niche that suits your interests and has the potential for success.
We’ve written extensively about niche research for bloggers, but you should look for these qualities in your final choice:
- A mix of big and small competitors. If the niche doesn’t have big sites, there isn’t much money to be made. If there aren’t small sites, you won’t be able to compete.
- Income potential. A healthy mix of affiliate offers, display ads, and original products will allow you to diversify your income.
- Keywords and link-building opportunities. You’ll do more extensive keyword research later, so right now you’re just looking for content gaps. Are there keywords you could realistically rank for and get traffic early?
Popular Money Making Blog Niches
When it comes to money making blog niches, there are several popular options that can help you generate income online. These niches are not only profitable but also have a wide audience that is interested in learning about making money. Here are some of the most popular money making blog niches:
- Affiliate Marketing: Promote other people's products and earn a commission for each sale or lead you generate.
- Freelancing: Share tips and advice on freelancing and how to find clients in various industries.
- Dropshipping: Teach others how to set up an online store and sell products without stocking inventory.
- Investing: Provide insights and guidance on different investment strategies and opportunities.
- Cryptocurrency: Inform readers about the world of digital currencies, trading, and investment opportunities.
- Personal Finance: Help readers manage their money, budget effectively, and plan for long-term financial goals.
- Real Estate: Share knowledge about buying, selling, and investing in real estate properties.
- Online Courses: Create and sell online courses on various topics, including skill development and personal growth.
- Blogging: Teach others how to start and monetize a blog, including strategies for driving traffic and earning income through advertising and sponsored content.
These are just a few examples of popular money making blog niches that have a proven track record of success. By focusing on one of these niches, you can build a profitable blog that provides valuable information and helps readers achieve their financial goals.
Planning Out Your Money Making Blog
So you've picked a niche for your blog, that's amazing! But don't forget,'failing to plan is planning to fail.'
Before you run off and start posting, let's take a moment to plan out your business strategy.
Set Your Blog Goals
Setting goals for your Money Making blog is essential to its success. It gives you direction and helps you stay focused on what matters most.
When setting your goals, it's important to consider your audience, your niche, and what you realistically hope to achieve.
This can include things like increasing your readership, building your email list, or monetizing your blog.
By setting clear and achievable goals for your money making blog, you'll be able to create content that resonates with your audience, establish yourself as an authority in your niche, and achieve the success you're looking for.
Define Your Target Audience
Defining your target audience is a crucial step in starting a money-making blog. By understanding who your audience is, you can tailor your content and marketing strategies to effectively reach and engage them. Here are some tips to help you define your target audience:
1. Identify your niche: Determine the specific topic or industry you want to focus on. This will help you narrow down your target audience and create content that appeals to their interests and needs.
2. Research your audience: Take the time to research and understand your potential readers. Look for demographics such as age, gender, location, and interests. This information will give you insights into who your audience is and what they are looking for.
3. Create buyer personas: Develop fictional representations of your ideal readers. Give them names, backgrounds, and characteristics that align with your target audience. This will help you better understand their needs and create content that resonates with them.
4. Conduct surveys and interviews: Reach out to your existing audience or potential readers to gather feedback and insights. Ask them about their preferences, challenges, and what they expect from a blog in your niche. This information will help you refine your target audience and tailor your content accordingly.
5. Analyze your competitors: Look at successful blogs in your niche and analyze their audience. Identify patterns and common characteristics among their readers. This will give you a better understanding of your target audience and help you differentiate yourself from competitors.
6. Use analytics tools: Once your blog is up and running, utilize analytics tools to gather data on your audience. Monitor metrics such as page views, bounce rate, and demographics. This data will provide valuable insights into your audience's behavior and preferences.
7. Stay adaptable: Keep in mind that your target audience may evolve over time. Continuously monitor and analyze your audience to stay up-to-date with their changing needs and preferences. Adjust your content and marketing strategies accordingly to ensure you consistently meet their expectations.
Do Your Keyword Research
Keyword research is an important aspect of creating content for your Food blog. It helps you understand the phrases and questions people use to search for information on the topic you're writing about. That way, you can use those phrases and questions to optimize your content for search engines.
Identify the keywords that are most relevant to your niche. These are your “seed keywords.”
Seed keywords are broad terms used to generate super-specific long-tail keywords.
- Ways to make money
- Online income
- Passive income
- Side hustles
- Affiliate marketing
- Blogging for money
- Work from home
Take your seed keywords and feed them into your keyword tool of choice. I like using Ahrefs.
Add them to the report and hit search. Then, go to “Keyword Ideas” and click “Matching Terms.”
This list will contain thousands of possible terms for you to write about. I recommend targeting the lowest-volume keywords possible, no matter the traffic.
When you first start your money making blog, it’ll be hard to get traffic. But you can get it by targeting keywords that other site owners ignore.
TIP: When you first start your money making blog, focus on info content (question keywords). The content will be more helpful for your audience and less competitive since monetizing it is more challenging.
By doing your keyword research, you can improve your chances of ranking higher in search engine results pages and attracting more traffic to your Food blog.
Supercharge your earnings from day one. Lasso makes it easy to organize affiliate links make your first sales with conversion-optimized displays.
Don't wait for success; seize it with Lasso!Learn More
How to Start a Money Making Blog | Step-by-Step Guide
Now that you're done with the business plan, let's get to the fun part.
Here's how to start a Money Making blog:
Step 1. Pick a Blogging Platform
Choosing the right blogging platform is crucial for the success of your Money Making blog.
I strongly recommend building your blog with WordPress. It’s open-source, so your blog won't be dependent on a private company, and it’s fully customizable.
Some bloggers are intimidated by the number of features WordPress offers, but the best way to learn is just to jump in and start.
Here are some other options to consider:
- Blogger: A free platform owned by Google. Offers simple templates and easy integration with Google AdSense for monetization.
- Squarespace: A premium platform known for its design-centric approach. Offers visually appealing templates and in-depth customization options along with integrated eCommerce solutions for monetization.
- Wix: A free platform with a drag-and-drop website builder and customizable templates. Offers e-commerce options for selling products.
Consider the features, ease of use, and cost when choosing a platform that fits your needs. Each platform has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it's important to do your research before making a decision.
Step 2. Register a Domain Name
Registering a domain name gives your blog a unique online identity. When choosing a domain name for your money making blog, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make it easy to remember
- Keep it short and sweet
- Include your main keyword
- Avoid using numbers and hyphens
Also, please don’t create an exact-match domain name, like money-makingblog.com.
It’s limiting, has terrible branding potential, and just looks amateurish. You can do much better.
Instead, spend some time brainstorming money making blog names that have the following:
- A keyword related to your niche
- A feeling, emotion, or quality you want your website to communicate
- Three words or less
So, instead of the example used above, you could use one of these:
All of those are available at the time I’m writing this, and all would be easy to build a brand around (not to mention better for Search Engine Optimization or SEO).
You can also use a domain name generator tool for inspiration.
Once you have a few ideas for a domain name, you can check if they are available using a domain registrar.
Many services can help you register a domain name, but I recommend getting one from your hosting provider. (They usually include a free domain name when you buy hosting.)
When you find the perfect domain name, register it right away before someone else takes it.
Step 3. Secure Reliable Hosting
Once you’ve chosen a domain name, you have to purchase website hosting to make your money making blog accessible online. (As I mentioned earlier, you can usually purchase both simultaneously.)
Website hosting is a service that allows your website to be stored on a server and accessed by Internet users.
CAUTION: I recommend staying away from Godaddy. They have awful customer service and a history of alleged predatory behavior
Here are some popular website hosts for money making blogs:
- WP Engine: I host all my sites with WP Engine. It's lightning quick and super easy to use. I've tried almost every shared hosting provider, and WP Engine is by far the best.
- Kinsta: A premium hosting provider known for its high performance and managed WordPress hosting solutions.
- Hostgator: A popular host that offers affordable pricing and easy WordPress integration.
After you’ve chosen and registered your domain (following the instructions from your hosting company), you’re ready to install WordPress and start building your site.
Step 4. Install WordPress
The first step to setting up your money making site is to install WordPress.
NOTE: WordPress is an open-source software found on WordPress.org. WordPress.com is a premium blogging platform, but you never need to pay to install WordPress on your website, even if it’s self-hosted.
Any legitimate host these days will offer automated WordPress installation with the click of a button. Follow their instructions, and reach out to their support if you get stuck.
Once you’ve installed WordPress, go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard and start customizing your site.
TIP: You can find your dashboard login page at yoursite.com/wp-admin
Step 5. Pick a Theme for Your Money Making Blog
When choosing a theme for your website, it's essential to consider your niche and target audience. Your theme should reflect your content's style and tone while being visually appealing and easy to navigate.
There are thousands of themes available to choose from, both free and paid. These are the free themes I recommend for new bloggers:
- Carbonate - Carbonate is a simple WordPress theme designed for online businesses. It makes it easy to create a stunning niche website without all the fluff.
- GeneratePress - GeneratePress is one of the most popular WordPress themes on the market. It's lean, fast, and easy to customize. There's free and paid versions available.
- Kadence - Kadence is an extremely fast and lightweight theme, with a wide range of free customizations, although it does fall behind in updates from time to time.
You could also buy a premium theme, but free themes are fine in the beginning.
Step 6. Install Essential Plugins
A lot of people are afraid of plugins because they think more plugins will slow their site down.
However, any good plugin these days is built for speed, so you shouldn’t worry too much about it.
If you’re still worried about site speed, our Cloudflare review shows how to perfect it.
To install a new plugin, click on “Plugins” in your WordPress dashboard sidebar. Then, click on “Add New” and either upload a plugin ZIP file or search for free plugins in the WordPress Plugin Repository.
Here are a few plugins that I recommend for every new Money Making blog:
- Lasso Lite - The best way to insert product displays and affiliate links into your content is to use Lasso. Lasso Lite is the free version of Lasso and is great for new sites.
- Cloudflare - I recommend the paid Cloudflare plan, but even the free CDN will do wonders for your site speed.
- Imagify – Big images are the biggest thing that slows down websites, and an image optimization plugin like Imagify fixes them instantly.
- RankMath – RankMath is my favorite SEO plugin, but you could also use Yoast SEO or All-In-One SEO. SEO plugins provide guidelines rather than done-for-you solutions.
Now that you’ve installed and set up WordPress and your plugins, it’s time for some branding.
Step 7. Design Your Site
I’m not a web designer, but here are a few guidelines for beginners to create a professional-looking site:
- Use two colors: You only need two colors for your brand, a primary and an emphasis color. The emphasis color should contrast your primary color and only be used for CTA buttons. I use Coolors to quickly find a color palette that works for me.
- Use one or two fonts: You don’t want to overwhelm your audience. A tried and true technique is to use one font for your headings and one for your body text. It also helps to have one serif font and one sans serif font, so they stand apart. Fontpair is a great tool for this.
- Start with a text logo: Too many marketers get hung up on details like logos. You don’t even know what your site is going to be yet. Give your brand time to develop by starting with a simple text logo.
Don’t worry too much about your site’s design in the early stages. You can change all this stuff later when sales start coming in.
Step 8. Set Up Your Basic Blog Pages
You'll need to create a few key pages before you can start publishing awesome Money Making content.
The first page is your homepage, which should introduce your blog and give readers an idea of what they can expect to find on your site.
You should also create an "About" page, which provides more information about you and your blog. This is a great place to share your story and give readers a sense of your personality.
Another important page is the "Contact" page, which makes it easy for readers to get in touch with you. You can include a simple contact form or provide your email address and social media links.
You can create these pages by using your blogging platform's built-in categories or by creating custom pages that link to your posts.
By providing readers with clear navigation and easy access to your content, you'll be on your way to building a loyal following.
Step 9. Write Your First Blog Posts
Once you've set up your blog and have a clear idea of what you want to write about, it's time to start publishing your first blog posts.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Choose a topic you're passionate about and that your audience will find interesting. Research what's already out there and offer a fresh perspective or unique insights.
- Plan out your post by creating an outline or mind map. This will help you stay focused and ensure that your post flows logically.
- Write your post in a conversational tone and avoid using jargon or overly technical language. Use short paragraphs and sentences to make your post easy to read and scan.
- Include images or other media to break up the text and make your post more visually appealing.
- Use subheadings and bullet points to organize your content and make it easier to read.
- Edit your post carefully for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. Read it aloud to ensure it sounds natural and flows well.
- Once you're happy with your post, hit the publish button! Share it on social media and other channels to get it to as many people as possible.
Get our FREE toolkit and checklist for writing articles that convert.
How to Write Great Money Making Blog Posts
Now that you officially have a site, it’s time to fill it with top-notch content.
You won’t get really good at it until you’ve done it for a while, so it’s best to write as much as possible in the early days
Here’s how to publish better money making articles from day one.
Coming up with great blog post ideas based on your niche and your audience's needs can be very tough.
What I like to do is start by writing word clouds with pen and paper. It helps me quickly move from one topic to the next without thinking about it.
Once I have a good list of topics, I organize the keywords and put them into Ahrefs. Then I prioritize my content production based on what I think I have the best chance of ranking for (and what sounds like the most fun to write about).
Build a Solid Framework
Before I ever write a blog post, I build an outline using Dynalist.
I look at what competitors have published for my keyword, write down my version of the headings, and move the structure around until the flow makes sense.
Not only does this give me a solid foundation to build my article upon, but it helps me pace my article. If I’ve written 300 words under an H3 heading, I need to wrap it up and move on to the next point.
If you establish solid guidelines, your posts will practically write themselves.
Write Without Stopping
Once you have an outline of where you want your article to go, it’s time to just sit down and write.
I like to shut out any distractions and write in silence, or put on very quiet music. It’s insane how quickly you can write when you don’t have anything else to think about.
You shouldn’t even care about quality when writing your first draft. Just get your words down on paper.
Once you’re finished, step away for a bit, then come back and start editing. Correct any grammar mistakes and make sure your ideas make sense (it helps to read the content out loud).
TIP: I use Grammarly Pro to speed up the editing process for all my content. It’s probably the most valuable tool I use (aside from Lasso, of course 😉).
Optimize Your Content for On-Page SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your content to rank higher in search engine results.
Make sure you do these things when writing your money making blog posts:
- Properly structure your headings. Headings are like a map that search engines like Google use to decipher what your content is about. Make sure your headings make sense (nest smaller ideas under larger ideas), and that you’ve included keywords.
- Use your target keyword naturally and often. It’s common knowledge that keyword stuffing doesn’t work anymore, but it’s still important to use your target keyword often. It will help your readers stay on track and help search engines better understand what you’re talking about.
- Add Photos and Videos. Images and videos increase the time readers spend on your page. That signals to Google that your article fits what readers are looking for. They also break up a post and allow your readers to breathe before reading the rest of the article.
- Promote the post immediately after publishing. There’s some disagreement about whether traffic is a ranking factor, but I’ve definitely had faster rankings when I got early traffic to my blog posts. And, if you have a mailing list, your subscribers want to know about your content anyway!
Use AI to Speed Things Up
At the time I'm writing this, AI still isn't able to replace a skilled, knowledgable writer.
But it's getting really close.
As AI tools continue to improve, you're going to find more and more content online that's produced without a human writer. And that content will rank in Google. There's no consolation prize for human-written content.
For the time being, here's my advice; use AI to write the first draft of your content. Then edit it thoroughly before publishing.
To get the best AI content out of the gate, I recommend Copy.AI.
Out of all the AI writing tools I've tested (which is a lot), Copy.AI produces the best, most natural content, and also has the most reasonable pricing.
Promoting Your Money Making Blog
Once you publish a blog post, you need to promote it.
Seriously, most money making bloggers post and pray. If you use even one of these promotional methods, you’re doing more than 99% of the competition.
Make the Most of Social Media
Social media and blogging go hand-in-hand. Social media can be a game changer, especially in the money making niche, where readers care about the person behind the blog.
I don’t recommend spending all day on Twitter, but comment on popular threads, respond to outreach and share helpful things.
Also, shout out when you have a new blog post! Your followers want to know when you put out new content.
Build an Email List for Money Making Enthusiasts
There’s a reason why email marketing is the only form of online marketing that’s barely changed in the past 15 years. It works.
It’s also challenging. Most money making blogs ask readers to join their mailing lists, so give them a special reason to sign up for yours.
It could be a workout plan, equipment guide, or anything else that sets you apart from other money making bloggers.
Why go through all this headache? Because anyone who signs up for your mailing list is devoted to what you have to say. These people are your congregation.
If you recommend a product to your mailing list, they’ll likely purchase it. At a bare minimum, send your new blog posts to your mailing list to pump up early traffic numbers.
Be ethical, but find things your mailing list will appreciate and sell, sell, sell!
TIP: You can find a bunch of premium sales email templates on Canva. Work smarter, not harder!
Collaborate with Other Money Making Bloggers
As website owners, we tend to think of our competitors as enemies, which is a bit silly. When you think about it, they’re just like us, trying their best to hustle and make things work.
Instead of worrying about how other money making bloggers will outrank you, reach out and see if you can work together.
If you build a network of small money making bloggers who all promote each other’s content, you’ll stand a much better chance of competing with established money making authorities.
Engaging in Money Making Communities
Join online communities related to your niche and engage with other members. This will help you establish yourself as an expert and build relationships with potential readers.
Monetizing Your Money Making Blog
Ok, so your blog is up and running, and you're gaining a following. How do you monetize a money making blog?
Here are the best ways to earn a real income from your new money making blog.
I recommend money making bloggers start with affiliate marketing before any other monetization method.
I love affiliate marketing because it’s a low-effort way to monetize your website without ruining your reader’s experience.
To monetize your money making blog with affiliate marketing, first, you have to identify products your audience will find helpful. Then, find the affiliate program for those products, and write thourough product reviews.
For beginners, I recommend focusing on the Amazon Associates affiliate program. The conversion rate is incredible, and you can diversify when your site is more successful.
For products that aren’t available on Amazon, just do a Google search for “[Product] affiliate program,” and you’ll find their program’s signup page.
Another way to find affiliate programs is by checking Lasso's database.
To save you some time, here are a few of the best affiliate networks for money making bloggers:
Commission Rate: Up to $800 CPA
Cookie Duration: 30 Days
Vantage is a global, multi-asset broker offering a robust and efficient service for trading CFDs on Forex, Commodities, Indices, Shares, and Cryptocurrencies. Vantage has a reputation for delivering high standards of trading to clients by providing a trusted trading ecosystem.
Commission Rate: 10% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: Unknown
Xero is online accounting software that connects you to all things business: accountants, bookkeepers, banks, enterprise & apps.
Commission Rate: 10% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 45 Days
QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by the company Intuit. Earn a referral fee by selling QuickBooks software!
TIP: We maintain a database of the best affiliate programs. Click here to see the best financial affiliate programs.
Once approved for your chosen affiliate program, add your affiliate link to products and images, and you’re good to go. You’ll earn a commission if a reader clicks on your link and makes a purchase.
If you're still wondering how to earn money with affiliate marketing, check out these affiliate marketing website examples for inspiration.
Earn More Affiliate Income With Lasso
If you want to take your affiliate marketing strategy to the next level, I recommend you sign up for Lasso.
Lasso is a WordPress plugin that helps affiliate marketers manage links and create product displays that convert.
All you need to do is paste the affiliate link in your Lasso dashboard, add some interesting sales copy, and you’re ready to insert that Display into your blog posts.
Your product displays could look like this one:
Great Displays Increase Conversions!
If you ever need to change the link, you can change it once in your Lasso dashboard, which will update the link across your entire website.
Lasso will also handle your link cloaking and attributes, so your site will always be optimized and compliant.
That’s not even mentioning things like Tables, Grids, Lists, Link Alerts, and more.
Starting at $30 a month
Starting at $30 a month
Starting at $2.75 a month
If you want to monetize your money making blog the easy way, sign up for Lasso today.
Display ads are also the most passive way to monetize a money making blog. You turn them on, configure the settings, and wait for the money to roll in.
The drawback to display ads is that nobody likes them. It’s why so many people install ad blockers in their browsers (which stop you from making money, by the way).
TIP: If you use display ads on your money making blog, configure the settings to prioritize user experience. By being selective with your ad placements, you’ll make more money in the long run.
Here are the best ad networks to join based on your site’s page views:
- 50,000+ Visitors per month - Mediavine
- 10,000-50,000 Visitors per month - Ezoic
- <10,000 Visitors per month - Google Adsense / waiting to grow
NOTE: With the low rates ad networks pay, it won’t be worth running display ads if you have less than 10,000 monthly visitors. You’re better off focusing on affiliate offers and creating more content to grow your following.
Selling digital products is the easiest way to transition from advertising other people’s products to selling your own.
That’s a great step to take because it means instead of earning 3-8% of the profit, you’re taking 100% of the profit.
The drawback to selling anything is that you’re responsible for the bulk of the work. You need to provide customer service, handle returns, and find a way to process payments and distribute products.
High-potential digital products in the money making blog niche:
- Online courses: Create and sell courses that teach people how to make money through blogging.
- Ebooks: Write and sell ebooks on various money making strategies for bloggers.
- Membership sites: Offer exclusive content, resources, and support to members for a monthly or yearly fee.
- Templates and themes: Design and sell pre-made website templates and themes tailored for money making blogs.
- Coaching and consulting services: Provide personalized guidance and advice to aspiring bloggers looking to monetize their blogs.
- Affiliate marketing guides: Create comprehensive guides on how to effectively use affiliate marketing to generate income from a blog.
- Digital tools and software: Develop and sell tools and software specifically designed to help bloggers optimize their money making strategies.
Then you can use a tool like ConvertKit to automatically email the lead magnet to customers after they’ve finished checking out.
It’s a lot of work, but the extra profit is well worth it.
Consulting services can be a great way to monetize your money making blog.
If you've immersed yourself in the world of money making, you have valuable knowledge to offer your readers.
The best part is that your audience will tell you exactly what they need help with.
As your blog grows, people will reach out and ask for guidance on specific topics.
You can offer them an hour of your time for just $100.
And hey, even if they say no, it's not the end of the world.
If you find you’re selling a lot of consulting services, you can even create a section of your site dedicated to your services.
TIP: You can use Lasso to increase your consulting sales. Set the destination link to your contact page, and you’re all set!
FAQs on Starting a Money Making Blog
How Much Money Do Money Making Bloggers Make?
The income range for money making bloggers is enormous. Many bloggers make no revenue, while some money making blogs make over six figures per month. It all depends on traffic and how well you present your offers.
How Can I Monetize a Money Making Blog?
The best way to monetize a money making blog is with affiliate marketing, but you can also use display ads, sell digital downloads, or even sell coaching services.
How Do Money Making Bloggers Get Paid?
Most money making bloggers make money through affiliate commissions and advertising fees. Both of these monetization methods pay out one or two months after the fees have been generated.
Some money making bloggers also sell sponsored posts, consulting services, or their own products. In these cases, a payment processor like PayPal or Stripe is necessary.
Is Money Making Blogging Easy?
Nothing worth doing is truly easy, but that doesn’t mean money making blogging isn’t fun.
As a money making blogger, you’ll get to go places, try new things, and meet new people. And it will be part of your business! What could be cooler than that?
Is It Worth Starting A Money Making Blog?
It’s absolutely worth it to start a money making blog. Not only can you make a living from it, but you can also build a community and control the conversation.
Once you’re an established authority, people in money making-related industries will take you seriously.
Final Thoughts on Starting a Money Making Blog
So there you have it, my advice for anyone wondering how to start a money making blog. It's a tough industry and it can take months, even years, before you make your first sale. You might even lose money in the first year. But believe me, it's worth it.
If you want to be a successful money making blogger, just follow the tips in this guide, be persistent, and write the kind of content you'd want to read. It's hard work, but you can do it.
And don't forget, stay consistent, engage with your readers, and most importantly, have fun!
Why You Should Trust Our Money Making Blogging Content
You may be thinking, "that's all great, but what does Lasso know about money making blogging?"
Quite a lot, actually.
Here's why you can trust our process for building a successful money making blog:
We've Built Wildly Successful Blogs
Lasso is built for affiliate marketers, by affiliate marketers. We're not gurus; we've walked the walk.
Our team members have built multiple blogs from the ground up, some of them earning over seven figures in revenue.
We put that experience into every guide we write, so you can trust we're giving you a process that works.
We Talk To Money Making Bloggers Every Day
Lasso's WordPress plugin is installed on over 8,000 websites, including a lot of money making blogs.
Our team supports those bloggers every day as they create awesome content and earn lots of money.
These communications give us a bird's-eye view of what's new in the money making industry. We take that information and use it to keep these guides as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
We're Super Nerds
We've put a lot of company focus into learning everything we can about blogging, affiliate marketing, SEO, and anything to do with online entrpreneurship.
We attend conferences, collect high-level contacts, read tons of books, and distill all of that information into our content. We pass information onto you that was previously only available to industry insiders.