If you have a passion for sharing your faith and want to turn it into a side income or even a full-time business, starting a Christian blog is the way to go.
Did you know that successful Christian bloggers are making tens of thousands of dollars every month just by writing about their experiences? Why not join them?
In this post, I’ll show you how to build a Christian blog that connects with readers and generates revenue.
So, if you're ready to become a Christian blogging authority, let's dive in!
- Christian Blogging Basics
- Finding Your Christian Niche
- Planning Out Your Christian Blog
- How to Start a Christian Blog | Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Write Great Christian Blog Posts
- Promoting Your Christian Blog
- Monetizing Your Christian Blog
- FAQs on Starting a Christian Blog
- Final Thoughts on Starting a Christian Blog
Why You Can Trust Our Christian Blogging Guide
Lasso is installed on over 8,000 websites, including many christian blogs.
Our team has built multiple 7-figure blogs in a wide range of niches.
We have hands-on experience working with founders to grow and monetize their christian blogs.
Christian Blogging Basics
Starting a christian blog can be a really fun and rewarding experience, but it's important to know what you're getting into.
Here are a few basic things to keep in mind before diving in:
What Is a Christian Blog?
A Christian blog is a website or online platform where individuals or groups share their thoughts, experiences, and insights from a Christian perspective.
These blogs often cover a wide range of topics including faith, spirituality, Bible study, prayer, Christian living, relationships, and current events from a Christian worldview.
Christian bloggers may share personal stories of their faith journey, offer encouragement and inspiration, provide biblical teachings and reflections, or discuss relevant issues in today's society.
These blogs can serve as a valuable resource for Christians seeking guidance, support, and community in their walk with God.
Many Christian blogs also provide opportunities for readers to engage in discussions, ask questions, and share their own perspectives, fostering a sense of connection and community among believers.
Whether you are a new believer, a seasoned Christian, or simply curious about the Christian faith, exploring Christian blogs can provide a wealth of information, perspectives, and insights to deepen your understanding and strengthen your relationship with God.
Why Should You Start a Christian Blog?
There are several reasons why you should start a Christian blog:
- Spread the Word: Starting a Christian blog allows you to share the teachings of Jesus and the Bible with a wide audience.
- Inspire Others: Your blog can serve as a source of inspiration for those seeking guidance and encouragement in their faith.
- Connect with Like-minded Individuals: Blogging provides an opportunity to connect with other Christians who share similar beliefs and values.
- Offer Support and Encouragement: Through your blog, you can offer support and encouragement to those facing challenges in their Christian journey.
- Address Relevant Issues: A Christian blog allows you to address relevant issues and provide biblical perspectives on various topics.
- Share Personal Testimonies: Your blog can be a platform to share personal testimonies of how God has worked in your life, inspiring others with your experiences.
Ready to kickstart your Christian blog? Get Your FREE 20-Page Guide To Making $1,000/Day.
Finding Your Christian Niche
You’re probably thinking, 'I already picked a niche! Christian' But for the purposes of blogging, that’s not nearly specific enough, at least in the beginning. If you want your blog to succeed, you need to niche down.
Why Choosing a Niche is Important
Choosing a christian niche is important for a number of reasons.
First, it makes it easier for readers to find your content and for search engines to rank it. If your blog is too broad, it will be hard to compete with other established christian bloggers and get organic traffic.
Second, having a specific niche will help you establish yourself as an expert in that area. Readers will come to trust your opinion and recommendations, and you'll be able to build a loyal following.
Finally, having a christian niche will also make it easier for you to come up with content ideas. Rather than trying to cover every aspect of christian, you can focus on the specific topics and recipes that your readers are most interested in.
How to Choose a Christian Blog Niche
Choosing a Christian blog niche is an important decision that can affect the success and impact of your blog. Here are some ways to find a Christian niche:
- Identify your passions: Consider what topics within Christianity you are most passionate about. This will make it easier to stay motivated and consistently create content.
- Research popular topics: Look for trending topics within the Christian community. This can help you identify areas where there is a demand for content.
- Consider your target audience: Think about who you want to reach with your blog. Are you targeting young adults, parents, or a specific denomination? Understanding your target audience can help you narrow down your niche.
- Reflect on your personal experiences: Your own life experiences can provide inspiration for your blog niche. Consider sharing your journey, struggles, and victories in your chosen niche.
- Explore your unique perspective: What unique insights or perspectives can you bring to the table? Finding a niche that allows you to offer a fresh perspective can help you stand out from other Christian blogs.
By following these steps, you can choose a Christian blog niche that aligns with your passions, resonates with your target audience, and allows you to make a meaningful impact in the Christian community.
We’ve written extensively about niche research for bloggers, but you should look for these qualities in your final choice:
- A mix of big and small competitors. If the niche doesn’t have big sites, there isn’t much money to be made. If there aren’t small sites, you won’t be able to compete.
- Income potential. A healthy mix of affiliate offers, display ads, and original products will allow you to diversify your income.
- Keywords and link-building opportunities. You’ll do more extensive keyword research later, so right now you’re just looking for content gaps. Are there keywords you could realistically rank for and get traffic early?
Popular Christian Blog Niches
When it comes to popular Christian blog niches, there are several areas that attract a large audience. These niches provide valuable content and insights to readers seeking guidance, inspiration, and a deeper understanding of their faith.
One of the main niches within the Christian blogosphere is biblical studies. This niche focuses on in-depth analysis and interpretation of scripture. Bloggers in this niche often provide explanations of difficult passages, explore historical context, and delve into the original languages of the Bible.
Another popular niche is Christian living. This niche covers a wide range of topics related to daily life as a Christian. Bloggers in this niche share practical advice on topics such as marriage, parenting, finances, and personal growth. They offer insights on how to apply biblical principles to navigate the challenges and joys of everyday life.
Christian devotionals are also a sought-after niche. These blogs provide daily or weekly reflections on scripture, prayer, and spiritual growth. Devotional bloggers aim to inspire and encourage readers in their faith journey, offering insights and practical application of biblical truths.
Christian book reviews and recommendations are a niche that attracts avid readers in the Christian community. Bloggers in this niche provide honest reviews and insights on popular Christian books, helping readers discover new titles and make informed decisions about their reading choices.
Apologetics is another popular niche that focuses on defending and explaining the Christian faith. Bloggers in this niche address tough questions and doubts about Christianity, providing reasoned arguments and evidence to support the Christian worldview.
Lastly, Christian lifestyle and fashion blogs have gained popularity in recent years. These blogs combine elements of fashion, beauty, and lifestyle with a Christian perspective. Bloggers in this niche offer tips on modest fashion, beauty routines, and lifestyle choices that align with Christian values.
Overall, the Christian blogosphere is rich with diverse niches that cater to different interests and needs within the Christian community. Whether readers are seeking spiritual growth, practical advice, or intellectual engagement, there is a Christian blog niche that can provide valuable content and insights.
Subniches in the Christian niche:
- Biblical Studies: In-depth analysis and interpretation of scripture.
- Christian Living: Practical advice on marriage, parenting, finances, and personal growth.
- Devotionals: Daily or weekly reflections on scripture and spiritual growth.
- Book Reviews and Recommendations: Honest reviews and insights on popular Christian books.
- Apologetics: Defending and explaining the Christian faith.
- Lifestyle and Fashion: Combining fashion, beauty, and lifestyle choices with a Christian perspective.
Planning Out Your Christian Blog
So you've picked a niche for your blog, that's amazing! But don't forget,'failing to plan is planning to fail.'
Before you run off and start posting, let's take a moment to plan out your business strategy.
Set Your Blog Goals
Setting goals for your Christian blog is essential to its success. It gives you direction and helps you stay focused on what matters most.
When setting your goals, it's important to consider your audience, your niche, and what you realistically hope to achieve.
This can include things like increasing your readership, building your email list, or monetizing your blog.
By setting clear and achievable goals for your christian blog, you'll be able to create content that resonates with your audience, establish yourself as an authority in your niche, and achieve the success you're looking for.
Define Your Target Audience
When starting a Christian blog, it is important to define your target audience. Knowing who you are writing for will help you tailor your content and connect with your readers on a deeper level.
Here are some key points to consider when defining your target audience:
- Demographics: Consider the age, gender, location, and other demographic factors of your target audience. This will help you understand their background and preferences.
- Interests: Identify the specific interests and hobbies that your target audience is likely to have. This will help you create content that resonates with them and keeps them engaged.
- Beliefs and Values: Understand the beliefs and values that your target audience holds. As a Christian blogger, you want to connect with readers who share similar beliefs and values, so you can provide meaningful and relevant content.
- Needs and Challenges: Identify the needs and challenges that your target audience may have. This will allow you to address these concerns in your blog posts and provide helpful solutions.
- Communication Channels: Determine the communication channels that your target audience prefers. Are they active on social media? Do they prefer email newsletters? This will help you reach and engage with your readers effectively.
By defining your target audience, you can create content that speaks directly to their needs, interests, and values. This will ultimately help you build a loyal and engaged readership for your Christian blog.
Do Your Keyword Research
Keyword research is an important aspect of creating content for your Food blog. It helps you understand the phrases and questions people use to search for information on the topic you're writing about. That way, you can use those phrases and questions to optimize your content for search engines.
Identify the keywords that are most relevant to your niche. These are your “seed keywords.”
Seed keywords are broad terms used to generate super-specific long-tail keywords.
- Jesus Christ
- Christian Living
Take your seed keywords and feed them into your keyword tool of choice. I like using Ahrefs.
Add them to the report and hit search. Then, go to “Keyword Ideas” and click “Matching Terms.”
This list will contain thousands of possible terms for you to write about. I recommend targeting the lowest-volume keywords possible, no matter the traffic.
When you first start your christian blog, it’ll be hard to get traffic. But you can get it by targeting keywords that other site owners ignore.
TIP: When you first start your christian blog, focus on info content (question keywords). The content will be more helpful for your audience and less competitive since monetizing it is more challenging.
By doing your keyword research, you can improve your chances of ranking higher in search engine results pages and attracting more traffic to your Food blog.
Supercharge your earnings from day one. Lasso makes it easy to organize affiliate links make your first sales with conversion-optimized displays.
Don't wait for success; seize it with Lasso!Learn More
How to Start a Christian Blog | Step-by-Step Guide
Now that you're done with the business plan, let's get to the fun part.
Here's how to start a Christian blog:
Step 1. Pick a Blogging Platform
Choosing the right blogging platform is crucial for the success of your Christian blog.
I strongly recommend building your blog with WordPress. It’s open-source, so your blog won't be dependent on a private company, and it’s fully customizable.
Some bloggers are intimidated by the number of features WordPress offers, but the best way to learn is just to jump in and start.
Here are some other options to consider:
- Blogger: A free platform owned by Google. Offers simple templates and easy integration with Google AdSense for monetization.
- Squarespace: A premium platform known for its design-centric approach. Offers visually appealing templates and in-depth customization options along with integrated eCommerce solutions for monetization.
- Wix: A free platform with a drag-and-drop website builder and customizable templates. Offers e-commerce options for selling products.
Consider the features, ease of use, and cost when choosing a platform that fits your needs. Each platform has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it's important to do your research before making a decision.
Step 2. Register a Domain Name
Registering a domain name gives your blog a unique online identity. When choosing a domain name for your christian blog, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make it easy to remember
- Keep it short and sweet
- Include your main keyword
- Avoid using numbers and hyphens
Also, please don’t create an exact-match domain name, like christianbookreviews.com.
It’s limiting, has terrible branding potential, and just looks amateurish. You can do much better.
Instead, spend some time brainstorming christian blog names that have the following:
- A keyword related to your niche
- A feeling, emotion, or quality you want your website to communicate
- Three words or less
So, instead of the example used above, you could use one of these:
All of those are available at the time I’m writing this, and all would be easy to build a brand around (not to mention better for Search Engine Optimization or SEO).
You can also use a domain name generator tool for inspiration.
Once you have a few ideas for a domain name, you can check if they are available using a domain registrar.
Many services can help you register a domain name, but I recommend getting one from your hosting provider. (They usually include a free domain name when you buy hosting.)
When you find the perfect domain name, register it right away before someone else takes it.
Step 3. Secure Reliable Hosting
Once you’ve chosen a domain name, you have to purchase website hosting to make your christian blog accessible online. (As I mentioned earlier, you can usually purchase both simultaneously.)
Website hosting is a service that allows your website to be stored on a server and accessed by Internet users.
CAUTION: I recommend staying away from Godaddy. They have awful customer service and a history of alleged predatory behavior
Here are some popular website hosts for christian blogs:
- WP Engine: I host all my sites with WP Engine. It's lightning quick and super easy to use. I've tried almost every shared hosting provider, and WP Engine is by far the best.
- Kinsta: A premium hosting provider known for its high performance and managed WordPress hosting solutions.
- Hostgator: A popular host that offers affordable pricing and easy WordPress integration.
After you’ve chosen and registered your domain (following the instructions from your hosting company), you’re ready to install WordPress and start building your site.
Step 4. Install WordPress
The first step to setting up your christian site is to install WordPress.
NOTE: WordPress is an open-source software found on WordPress.org. WordPress.com is a premium blogging platform, but you never need to pay to install WordPress on your website, even if it’s self-hosted.
Any legitimate host these days will offer automated WordPress installation with the click of a button. Follow their instructions, and reach out to their support if you get stuck.
Once you’ve installed WordPress, go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard and start customizing your site.
TIP: You can find your dashboard login page at yoursite.com/wp-admin
Step 5. Pick a Theme for Your Christian Blog
When choosing a theme for your website, it's essential to consider your niche and target audience. Your theme should reflect your content's style and tone while being visually appealing and easy to navigate.
There are thousands of themes available to choose from, both free and paid. These are the free themes I recommend for new bloggers:
- Carbonate - Carbonate is a simple WordPress theme designed for online businesses. It makes it easy to create a stunning niche website without all the fluff.
- GeneratePress - GeneratePress is one of the most popular WordPress themes on the market. It's lean, fast, and easy to customize. There's free and paid versions available.
- Kadence - Kadence is an extremely fast and lightweight theme, with a wide range of free customizations, although it does fall behind in updates from time to time.
You could also buy a premium theme, but free themes are fine in the beginning.
Step 6. Install Essential Plugins
A lot of people are afraid of plugins because they think more plugins will slow their site down.
However, any good plugin these days is built for speed, so you shouldn’t worry too much about it.
If you’re still worried about site speed, our Cloudflare review shows how to perfect it.
To install a new plugin, click on “Plugins” in your WordPress dashboard sidebar. Then, click on “Add New” and either upload a plugin ZIP file or search for free plugins in the WordPress Plugin Repository.
Here are a few plugins that I recommend for every new Christian blog:
- Lasso Lite - The best way to insert product displays and affiliate links into your content is to use Lasso. Lasso Lite is the free version of Lasso and is great for new sites.
- Cloudflare - I recommend the paid Cloudflare plan, but even the free CDN will do wonders for your site speed.
- Imagify – Big images are the biggest thing that slows down websites, and an image optimization plugin like Imagify fixes them instantly.
- RankMath – RankMath is my favorite SEO plugin, but you could also use Yoast SEO or All-In-One SEO. SEO plugins provide guidelines rather than done-for-you solutions.
Now that you’ve installed and set up WordPress and your plugins, it’s time for some branding.
Step 7. Design Your Site
I’m not a web designer, but here are a few guidelines for beginners to create a professional-looking site:
- Use two colors: You only need two colors for your brand, a primary and an emphasis color. The emphasis color should contrast your primary color and only be used for CTA buttons. I use Coolors to quickly find a color palette that works for me.
- Use one or two fonts: You don’t want to overwhelm your audience. A tried and true technique is to use one font for your headings and one for your body text. It also helps to have one serif font and one sans serif font, so they stand apart. Fontpair is a great tool for this.
- Start with a text logo: Too many marketers get hung up on details like logos. You don’t even know what your site is going to be yet. Give your brand time to develop by starting with a simple text logo.
Don’t worry too much about your site’s design in the early stages. You can change all this stuff later when sales start coming in.
Step 8. Set Up Your Basic Blog Pages
You'll need to create a few key pages before you can start publishing awesome Christian content.
The first page is your homepage, which should introduce your blog and give readers an idea of what they can expect to find on your site.
You should also create an "About" page, which provides more information about you and your blog. This is a great place to share your story and give readers a sense of your personality.
Another important page is the "Contact" page, which makes it easy for readers to get in touch with you. You can include a simple contact form or provide your email address and social media links.
You can create these pages by using your blogging platform's built-in categories or by creating custom pages that link to your posts.
By providing readers with clear navigation and easy access to your content, you'll be on your way to building a loyal following.
Step 9. Write Your First Blog Posts
Once you've set up your blog and have a clear idea of what you want to write about, it's time to start publishing your first blog posts.
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Choose a topic you're passionate about and that your audience will find interesting. Research what's already out there and offer a fresh perspective or unique insights.
- Plan out your post by creating an outline or mind map. This will help you stay focused and ensure that your post flows logically.
- Write your post in a conversational tone and avoid using jargon or overly technical language. Use short paragraphs and sentences to make your post easy to read and scan.
- Include images or other media to break up the text and make your post more visually appealing.
- Use subheadings and bullet points to organize your content and make it easier to read.
- Edit your post carefully for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. Read it aloud to ensure it sounds natural and flows well.
- Once you're happy with your post, hit the publish button! Share it on social media and other channels to get it to as many people as possible.
Get our FREE toolkit and checklist for writing articles that convert.
How to Write Great Christian Blog Posts
Now that you officially have a site, it’s time to fill it with top-notch content.
You won’t get really good at it until you’ve done it for a while, so it’s best to write as much as possible in the early days
Here’s how to publish better christian articles from day one.
Coming up with great blog post ideas based on your niche and your audience's needs can be very tough.
What I like to do is start by writing word clouds with pen and paper. It helps me quickly move from one topic to the next without thinking about it.
Once I have a good list of topics, I organize the keywords and put them into Ahrefs. Then I prioritize my content production based on what I think I have the best chance of ranking for (and what sounds like the most fun to write about).
Build a Solid Framework
Before I ever write a blog post, I build an outline using Dynalist.
I look at what competitors have published for my keyword, write down my version of the headings, and move the structure around until the flow makes sense.
Not only does this give me a solid foundation to build my article upon, but it helps me pace my article. If I’ve written 300 words under an H3 heading, I need to wrap it up and move on to the next point.
If you establish solid guidelines, your posts will practically write themselves.
Write Without Stopping
Once you have an outline of where you want your article to go, it’s time to just sit down and write.
I like to shut out any distractions and write in silence, or put on very quiet music. It’s insane how quickly you can write when you don’t have anything else to think about.
You shouldn’t even care about quality when writing your first draft. Just get your words down on paper.
Once you’re finished, step away for a bit, then come back and start editing. Correct any grammar mistakes and make sure your ideas make sense (it helps to read the content out loud).
TIP: I use Grammarly Pro to speed up the editing process for all my content. It’s probably the most valuable tool I use (aside from Lasso, of course 😉).
Optimize Your Content for On-Page SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your content to rank higher in search engine results.
Make sure you do these things when writing your christian blog posts:
- Properly structure your headings. Headings are like a map that search engines like Google use to decipher what your content is about. Make sure your headings make sense (nest smaller ideas under larger ideas), and that you’ve included keywords.
- Use your target keyword naturally and often. It’s common knowledge that keyword stuffing doesn’t work anymore, but it’s still important to use your target keyword often. It will help your readers stay on track and help search engines better understand what you’re talking about.
- Add Photos and Videos. Images and videos increase the time readers spend on your page. That signals to Google that your article fits what readers are looking for. They also break up a post and allow your readers to breathe before reading the rest of the article.
- Promote the post immediately after publishing. There’s some disagreement about whether traffic is a ranking factor, but I’ve definitely had faster rankings when I got early traffic to my blog posts. And, if you have a mailing list, your subscribers want to know about your content anyway!
Use AI to Speed Things Up
At the time I'm writing this, AI still isn't able to replace a skilled, knowledgable writer.
But it's getting really close.
As AI tools continue to improve, you're going to find more and more content online that's produced without a human writer. And that content will rank in Google. There's no consolation prize for human-written content.
For the time being, here's my advice; use AI to write the first draft of your content. Then edit it thoroughly before publishing.
To get the best AI content out of the gate, I recommend Copy.AI.
Out of all the AI writing tools I've tested (which is a lot), Copy.AI produces the best, most natural content, and also has the most reasonable pricing.
Promoting Your Christian Blog
Once you publish a blog post, you need to promote it.
Seriously, most christian bloggers post and pray. If you use even one of these promotional methods, you’re doing more than 99% of the competition.
Make the Most of Social Media
Social media and blogging go hand-in-hand. Social media can be a game changer, especially in the christian niche, where readers care about the person behind the blog.
I don’t recommend spending all day on Twitter, but comment on popular threads, respond to outreach and share helpful things.
Also, shout out when you have a new blog post! Your followers want to know when you put out new content.
Build an Email List for Christian Enthusiasts
There’s a reason why email marketing is the only form of online marketing that’s barely changed in the past 15 years. It works.
It’s also challenging. Most christian blogs ask readers to join their mailing lists, so give them a special reason to sign up for yours.
It could be a workout plan, equipment guide, or anything else that sets you apart from other christian bloggers.
Why go through all this headache? Because anyone who signs up for your mailing list is devoted to what you have to say. These people are your congregation.
If you recommend a product to your mailing list, they’ll likely purchase it. At a bare minimum, send your new blog posts to your mailing list to pump up early traffic numbers.
Be ethical, but find things your mailing list will appreciate and sell, sell, sell!
TIP: You can find a bunch of premium sales email templates on Canva. Work smarter, not harder!
Collaborate with Other Christian Bloggers
As website owners, we tend to think of our competitors as enemies, which is a bit silly. When you think about it, they’re just like us, trying their best to hustle and make things work.
Instead of worrying about how other christian bloggers will outrank you, reach out and see if you can work together.
If you build a network of small christian bloggers who all promote each other’s content, you’ll stand a much better chance of competing with established christian authorities.
Engaging in Christian Communities
Join online communities related to your niche and engage with other members. This will help you establish yourself as an expert and build relationships with potential readers.
Monetizing Your Christian Blog
Ok, so your blog is up and running, and you're gaining a following. How do you monetize a christian blog?
Here are the best ways to earn a real income from your new christian blog.
I recommend christian bloggers start with affiliate marketing before any other monetization method.
I love affiliate marketing because it’s a low-effort way to monetize your website without ruining your reader’s experience.
To monetize your christian blog with affiliate marketing, first, you have to identify products your audience will find helpful. Then, find the affiliate program for those products, and write thourough product reviews.
For beginners, I recommend focusing on the Amazon Associates affiliate program. The conversion rate is incredible, and you can diversify when your site is more successful.
For products that aren’t available on Amazon, just do a Google search for “[Product] affiliate program,” and you’ll find their program’s signup page.
Another way to find affiliate programs is by checking Lasso's database.
To save you some time, here are a few of the best affiliate networks for christian bloggers:
Commission Rate: $15 Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 45 Days
PureFlix is a video streaming service featuring family-friendly and Christian-focused content. It's a Christian equivalent of Netflix.
Commission Rate: 20% - 50% Per Lead
Cookie Duration: 45 Days
eharmony is an online dating website that aims to help people find long-term relationships. Its famed 29 dimensions of compatibility are used for matching.
Commission Rate: 4% Per Sale
Cookie Duration: 10 Days
Alpha Omega Publications is an innovative publisher of award-winning Christian homeschool curriculum for K-12 students.
TIP: We maintain a database of the best affiliate programs. Click here to see the best christian affiliate programs.
Once approved for your chosen affiliate program, add your affiliate link to products and images, and you’re good to go. You’ll earn a commission if a reader clicks on your link and makes a purchase.
If you're still wondering how to earn money with affiliate marketing, check out these affiliate marketing website examples for inspiration.
Earn More Affiliate Income With Lasso
If you want to take your affiliate marketing strategy to the next level, I recommend you sign up for Lasso.
Lasso is a WordPress plugin that helps affiliate marketers manage links and create product displays that convert.
All you need to do is paste the affiliate link in your Lasso dashboard, add some interesting sales copy, and you’re ready to insert that Display into your blog posts.
Your product displays could look like this one:
Great Displays Increase Conversions!
If you ever need to change the link, you can change it once in your Lasso dashboard, which will update the link across your entire website.
Lasso will also handle your link cloaking and attributes, so your site will always be optimized and compliant.
That’s not even mentioning things like Tables, Grids, Lists, Link Alerts, and more.
Starting at $30 a month
Starting at $30 a month
Starting at $2.75 a month
If you want to monetize your christian blog the easy way, sign up for Lasso today.
Display ads are also the most passive way to monetize a christian blog. You turn them on, configure the settings, and wait for the money to roll in.
The drawback to display ads is that nobody likes them. It’s why so many people install ad blockers in their browsers (which stop you from making money, by the way).
TIP: If you use display ads on your christian blog, configure the settings to prioritize user experience. By being selective with your ad placements, you’ll make more money in the long run.
Here are the best ad networks to join based on your site’s page views:
- 50,000+ Visitors per month - Mediavine
- 10,000-50,000 Visitors per month - Ezoic
- <10,000 Visitors per month - Google Adsense / waiting to grow
NOTE: With the low rates ad networks pay, it won’t be worth running display ads if you have less than 10,000 monthly visitors. You’re better off focusing on affiliate offers and creating more content to grow your following.
Selling digital products is the easiest way to transition from advertising other people’s products to selling your own.
That’s a great step to take because it means instead of earning 3-8% of the profit, you’re taking 100% of the profit.
The drawback to selling anything is that you’re responsible for the bulk of the work. You need to provide customer service, handle returns, and find a way to process payments and distribute products.
High-potential digital products in the Christian blog niche:
- Devotional eBooks: Inspirational eBooks that offer daily devotionals and spiritual guidance.
- Online Courses: Interactive courses on topics like biblical studies, prayer, or Christian living.
- Podcasts: Audio content featuring interviews, sermons, and discussions on Christian topics.
- Membership Sites: Exclusive online communities providing access to premium content, forums, and resources.
- Video Bible Studies: Video-based Bible study programs with accompanying study guides.
- Music Downloads: Digital albums or singles of Christian music, including worship songs and hymns.
- Printable Planners: Printable planners designed specifically for Christians, incorporating Bible verses and spiritual reflection.
- Online Prayer Journals: Digital journals where users can record their prayers and track answered prayers.
- Christian Apparel: Online stores offering clothing and accessories with Christian-themed designs.
- Online Retreats: Virtual retreat experiences that provide guided meditations, teachings, and reflections.
Then you can use a tool like ConvertKit to automatically email the lead magnet to customers after they’ve finished checking out.
It’s a lot of work, but the extra profit is well worth it.
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge of the Christian faith?
Well, good news! Offering consulting services on your Christian blog is an excellent way to connect with your readers.
By immersing yourself in the Christian world, you've gained valuable knowledge that your readers would love to learn from.
The best part is, your audience will tell you exactly what they need help with.
As your blog grows, people will reach out and ask for guidance on various topics.
Why not offer them an hour of your time for just $100? It's a win-win situation!
They may say no, but hey, you never know until you try!
If you find you’re selling a lot of consulting services, you can even create a section of your site dedicated to your services.
TIP: You can use Lasso to increase your consulting sales. Set the destination link to your contact page, and you’re all set!
FAQs on Starting a Christian Blog
How Much Money Do Christian Bloggers Make?
The income range for christian bloggers is enormous. Many bloggers make no revenue, while some christian blogs make over six figures per month. It all depends on traffic and how well you present your offers.
How Can I Monetize a Christian Blog?
The best way to monetize a christian blog is with affiliate marketing, but you can also use display ads, sell digital downloads, or even sell coaching services.
How Do Christian Bloggers Get Paid?
Most christian bloggers make money through affiliate commissions and advertising fees. Both of these monetization methods pay out one or two months after the fees have been generated.
Some christian bloggers also sell sponsored posts, consulting services, or their own products. In these cases, a payment processor like PayPal or Stripe is necessary.
Is Christian Blogging Easy?
Nothing worth doing is truly easy, but that doesn’t mean christian blogging isn’t fun.
As a christian blogger, you’ll get to go places, try new things, and meet new people. And it will be part of your business! What could be cooler than that?
Is It Worth Starting A Christian Blog?
It’s absolutely worth it to start a christian blog. Not only can you make a living from it, but you can also build a community and control the conversation.
Once you’re an established authority, people in christian-related industries will take you seriously.
Final Thoughts on Starting a Christian Blog
So, that's all the advice I have for someone wondering how to start a Christian blog.
Let me be real with you – this industry can be tough. It takes time and effort before your blog starts making any money. You might even end up losing some in the first year. But trust me, it's all worth it.
If you want to be a successful Christian blogger, just follow the tips in this guide, stay persistent, and publish the kind of content you'd love to read. Sure, it's hard work, but hey, you've got what it takes.
And hey, don't forget to stay consistent, engage with your readers, and most importantly, have fun with it!
Why You Should Trust Our Christian Blogging Content
You may be thinking, "that's all great, but what does Lasso know about christian blogging?"
Quite a lot, actually.
Here's why you can trust our process for building a successful christian blog:
We've Built Wildly Successful Blogs
Lasso is built for affiliate marketers, by affiliate marketers. We're not gurus; we've walked the walk.
Our team members have built multiple blogs from the ground up, some of them earning over seven figures in revenue.
We put that experience into every guide we write, so you can trust we're giving you a process that works.
We Talk To Christian Bloggers Every Day
Lasso's WordPress plugin is installed on over 8,000 websites, including a lot of christian blogs.
Our team supports those bloggers every day as they create awesome content and earn lots of money.
These communications give us a bird's-eye view of what's new in the christian industry. We take that information and use it to keep these guides as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
We're Super Nerds
We've put a lot of company focus into learning everything we can about blogging, affiliate marketing, SEO, and anything to do with online entrpreneurship.
We attend conferences, collect high-level contacts, read tons of books, and distill all of that information into our content. We pass information onto you that was previously only available to industry insiders.